Question Another tall driver/RFing kid vehicle rec. thread!

AK Dad

OK, so my sister is getting married and her husband to be is 6'5", and since when they have kids it'll be my nieces and nephews, they'll be rear-facing until puberty!
So, to avoid the pitfalls that I and a lot of people have made with getting vehicles with too little room for ERF and a tall driver, I'm trying to get them into something that will last.
My best bet off the top of my head is a Ford Flex, but they may not like that, so does anyone have any other suggestions (this side of a limo) that has rear legroom anything like the flex?

ADS

MUTigers

My DH is 6'9" and I think the only vehicle he can have a RFing seat behind him is an F150 or larger. He can drive an expedition with a RFing radian in the center of the second row.

I guess my point is, it's really tough to find a vehicle that fits a tall driver and fits a RFing seat behind the driver.

That said, DH drives a Jeep Liberty (the truck is his dream right now) and a radian fits passenger side just fine with the angle adjuster!

DAR

I don't have experience with any smaller vehicles, but my Tahoe and DH's Sierra both had plenty of room for RFing. The problem with these vehicles is that you have to lift the kids in and out when they are rear facing and if your sister has to do it a lot it becomes cumbersome. When my DS weighed 40 lbs it was really hard on my back. I used a RFing marathon, TrueFit and My Ride in both vehicles. Latch in the sierra was middle and passenger, so our RFing seat was in the middle. In my Tahoe my youngest was behind the driver with my seat all the way back (I am pretty sure that it was because that is how I keep it because I have long legs).

My parents have a Volvo XC60 and there definitely is not enough room in there. Would they consider a minivan? I think there would be enough room in there, but we have only used one during rentals when DS's were FFing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC