NBD June

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSoares

I was thinking about that and what to answer if they ask. I could just say Amazon but what if they ask for invoice? I could say NBD and they tell me sorry, can't help ya. So I'm hoping they don't ask where or when I got it because these are new seats and can't be past warranty anyways.

ADS

jordansmom

I was thinking about that and what to answer if they ask. I could just say Amazon but what if they ask for invoice? I could say NBD and they tell me sorry, can't help ya. So I'm hoping they don't ask where or when I got it because these are new seats and can't be past warranty anyways.

How about the response, "I received it as a gift"?

BSoares

That could work. I guess worst case scenario is them refusing it, I call again and hope for new agent, LOL. Or return to NBD which I'd hate to do.

kaharris83

And what about Clek? Would they help the PP who got the gross Foonf? Or is that comparing apples to oranges (different types of issues?).

I know of someone who bought a Foonf from another reseller site who found broken Foonf parts at the bottom of the box when it arrived. She contacted Clek and they told her they would replace the seat as it was a safety issue. They told her she needed a receipt from an authorized seller and she explained she bought from a reseller. They refused to help her after that. She asked what if it had been a registry gift and was told even people who get them as gifts need a receipt.

Jessica61624

I know of someone who bought a Foonf from another reseller site who found broken Foonf parts at the bottom of the box when it arrived. She contacted Clek and they told her they would replace the seat as it was a safety issue. They told her she needed a receipt from an authorized seller and she explained she bought from a reseller. They refused to help her after that. She asked what if it had been a registry gift and was told even people who get them as gifts need a receipt.

Its not cleks fault someone returned it used imo. The britax issue is a product defect.

wnkw

Britax replaced a base with a lock off my fil broke. It came from nbd, but they never asked. All they wanted to know was the manuf #s, dom, name/address..

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

BSoares

I hope they don't ask... This is from their website:

"Please visit your nearest authorized Britax retailer or authorized online retailer to purchase your Britax child restraint. A list of Britax authorized retailers can be found on our website. Not all restraints are available at all retailers. Britax products purchased from unauthorized retailers, online auction sites, or as second hand items, are not covered under warranty. Proof of purchase may be required. While the warranty may not be honored, replacement parts can be purchased."

StillThankful

I wouldn't lie. Just tell them that you just received the seat that you purchased online and [insert issue here]. They will then just ask you for the model number and batch number, etc... It will be fine.:)

kaharris83

Its not cleks fault someone returned it used imo. The britax issue is a product defect.

Right. I agree. The PP situation with a used seat that had food in it is totally not Clek's fault and I wouldn't expect Clek to do anything. I would just send that seat back.

The person who told me Clek wouldn't help them with their broken seat, the seat wasn't used. It was damaged during transit maybe. Their problem has happened to more than one person if you look at Clek's Facebook page. It was a defect with the seat. However since it was bought from a resale site Clek would not replace the seat. They require a receipt from an authorized retailer according to what Clek told her. Lots of companies require that for warranty work so I'm not arguing whether that is right or wrong. I was just sharing about a situation I heard about where Clek wouldn't help someone who bought from a reseller since YouAreTheFocus asked about Clek.

KALP4983

I ordered a 90 from nbd and it came with tags attached all wrapped up in an okay looking box. It had lots of stress marks in the safe cells on both sides.
I called britax and they asked for pics and took some info, didn't ask where I bought it and have overnighted me a replacement.

I then checked the seat I ordered from kohls and saw stress marks on one side, I've been using this for a few weeks, whoops. I e-mailed the same rep and am getting a replacement on that too.

Neither time did she ask where I got the seats.

But for anyone who has a frontier 90 or pinnacle, please check your safe cells, as those marks shouldn't be there.

Jessica61624

I ordered a 90 from nbd and it came with tags attached all wrapped up in an okay looking box. It had lots of stress marks in the safe cells on both sides.
I called britax and they asked for pics and took some info, didn't ask where I bought it and have overnighted me a replacement.

I then checked the seat I ordered from kohls and saw stress marks on one side, I've been using this for a few weeks, whoops. I e-mailed the same rep and am getting a replacement on that too.

Neither time did she ask where I got the seats.

But for anyone who has a frontier 90 or pinnacle, please check your safe cells, as those marks shouldn't be there.

Do you mind sending pictures or posting them?

BSoares

Here are the stress marks on the seat I got... I'll give them a call on Monday.

Attachments

• image-2972458879.jpg
    image-2972458879.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3983350828.jpg
    image-3983350828.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 61

YouAreTheFocus

Right. I agree. The PP situation with a used seat that had food in it is totally not Clek's fault and I wouldn't expect Clek to do anything. I would just send that seat back.

The person who told me Clek wouldn't help them with their broken seat, the seat wasn't used. It was damaged during transit maybe. Their problem has happened to more than one person if you look at Clek's Facebook page. It was a defect with the seat. However since it was bought from a resale site Clek would not replace the seat. They require a receipt from an authorized retailer according to what Clek told her. Lots of companies require that for warranty work so I'm not arguing whether that is right or wrong. I was just sharing about a situation I heard about where Clek wouldn't help someone who bought from a reseller since YouAreTheFocus asked about Clek.

Thanks for sharing this info. Something to definitely keep in mind as we are deciding which seat to keep. The Foonf from NBD is a good price, but I'm not sure it's worth the trade-off of no manufacturer support (esp with a 1st gen safety product!). I honestly didn't even think about that when I ordered it. So I'm glad I brought it up here and you shared this story.

BSoares

Called Britax a few moment ago, they're sending me a replacement seat right away. Excellent customer service :jive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC