Question RF convertible for a 2 door 2008 civic

fogscreen

Hi everybody,
We own a 2 door 2008 Honda Civic and we need to find a RF convertible car seat that will fit.

Our son is 7 months old and 21 pounds.

We are in a remote location so trying the seat before buying is out of the question because we will need to order online.

Thank you!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hello and welcome to car-seat.org!

I have a 4-door 2006 Civic, which is the same body style as the 2008. I do realize the 4-door and 2-door are quite different, but the basic seatback is similar. ;)

You have a couple options.

I would try a Radian either in the center or outboard on whichever side you don't plan on using for access to the backseat. That would allow you to sit next to your son as you load him in the seat. Because the Radian is so low to the seat, it should be easy to load him.

The issue with many convertibles in two-door cars is lifting the kiddo over the high sides. However, it can CERTAINLY be done. :)

fogscreen

Hello and welcome to car-seat.org!

I have a 4-door 2006 Civic, which is the same body style as the 2008. I do realize the 4-door and 2-door are quite different, but the basic seatback is similar. ;)

You have a couple options.

I would try a Radian either in the center or outboard on whichever side you don't plan on using for access to the backseat. That would allow you to sit next to your son as you load him in the seat. Because the Radian is so low to the seat, it should be easy to load him.

The issue with many convertibles in two-door cars is lifting the kiddo over the high sides. However, it can CERTAINLY be done. :)

Thank you for your advice.
We went to a store and the rep showed us a Radian. As we were doubtful, he brought us outside to demonstrate the seat in his jetta. The seat fit in his car but it was much roomier than in our Civic. The problem is when RF, the angle of the seat makes it impossible to adjust neither the passenger or the driver seat.

I guess we will end up selling the car :mad:

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Does your baby have good head control? Can he sit upright on his own? If so, you don't have to have the seat at a 45-degree angle. The Radian fits REALLY well in my Civic. I promise! :D

You could also try a Combi Cocorro. It won't last long (maybe a few years), but would be a good temporary solution.

You don't have to sell your car! We can help find a seat that will fit!

MommaTo3inNH

You can buy an angle adjuster made by Diono to help the radian sit a lot more upright! I was .thisclose. to selling but found out about the angle adjusters and gave them a shot. $10 well spent. They are pool noodle material, but square shaped - like a phone book. Seriously, we were able to put the radian in the middle rf'ing in my dh's corolla - and he's 6 feet so his seat is almost all the way back!!

fogscreen

Does your baby have good head control? Can he sit upright on his own? If so, you don't have to have the seat at a 45-degree angle. The Radian fits REALLY well in my Civic. I promise! :D

You could also try a Combi Cocorro. It won't last long (maybe a few years), but would be a good temporary solution.

You don't have to sell your car! We can help find a seat that will fit!

He has a really good head control as he's sitting on its own since he's 4 1/2 months old.

We are located in province of Quebec in Canada and I don't know if the 45-degree rule is mandatory.

I think we'll make the 300 km drive next week end to try a Radian !:)

Thank you very much!

fogscreen

Hi,
Just to let you know, we ordered a Radian R100 for our 2 door civic 2008.
It fits very well!

We want to thank you all for your advices.

You can put on file that this convertible fits RF in a really compact car!
:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC