What should I do with this car seat?

What to do with this seat?

• Donate to preschool as a back-up for field trip days.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Hold on to it until I find someone who really needs a carseat.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Post a notice at preschool in case anyone could use it for their sitter's car, etc.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other:

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trailrunnermom

It's a Cosco High-back booster, DOM 8/23/2004, only used 1-2 times previously. (It was given as a baby gift for my great-niece 3 years ago...but I've supplied her with much better seats!)

It's the base model: Thinly padded, unattractive cover. NO up-front harness adjuster. Puzzle buckle. If used as a booster, shoulder belt routes through sewn-on clip only, not through shell.

ADS

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I would probably donate to the preschool as a back up seat. Since the seat itself is hard to use (rear adjuster) it would be better used as a back up seat then be used as a daily seat.

trailrunnermom

Update:
I found someone who desperately needed a seat for her 3-yo DS (and she was already familiar with a non-front-adjusting harness!). Her son's seat was damaged in an accident, and it's taking forever to get a settlement from the other insurance company. Hopefully, insurance will pay for a nice new seat eventually, but until then, at least he's in a 5-pt. harness. I also sent her some info. on crash-damaged seats, the state's low-income carseat program, and said to eventually get a TurboBooster rather than using the Cosco seat as a booster. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC