New Stroller Help

1mommy

My son is 14 months and his head is at the top of his graco stroller.

http://www.target.com/p/graco-literider-classic-connect-stroller-barlow/-/A-13773928

I'm thinking he wont be comfortable in the stroller with his head above the back, so I am now looking for a new stroller.

I like one that has a snack try for him(extra kudos if it has one for me too) I'm not tall, and it isn't used frequently, just for short trips around the block to daycare, and occasionally when we go to the zoo or other around town activity. Also please keep it under 200.

Thank you in advance.

ADS

Mercuria

In the same vein, you can get a red or black Britax B-Agile plus the B-Agile snack tray from Amazon for under $200. Better support than with used, free returns, valid warranty, etc.

A parent console will run you about $6-$25. I do like the Britax one, but it's on the expensive side. The Baby Jogger one doesn't have a very good reputation. Diono is inexpensive, and people seem to love it. I'm perfectly happy with the Jolly Jumper we have (the new ones aren't so gaudy), but I might not be if I had to access covered storage often.

1mommy

Excuse my question as this may be obvious but is their an advantage to using a jogger stroller if I don't plan on jogging? I don't really understand the difference except that joggers have 3 wheels instead of 4

Kegracin

Excuse my question as this may be obvious but is their an advantage to using a jogger stroller if I don't plan on jogging? I don't really understand the difference except that joggers have 3 wheels instead of 4

The mini and micro are not jogging strollers nor is the britax b-agile. The reason I suggested the baby jogger ones (nothing against britax because I love there products) is that my giant 3yr old still rides around in one....and Ive seen pictures of 5yr olds in them so I figured it would work well for your lo.

Mercuria

In this case, the strollers have three wheels instead of four to make them lighter weight and more maneuverable. Technically speaking, they still have four wheels, but in a three-wheel configuration. Actual jogging strollers have three wheels, and the wheels would be much bigger. I'm glad you asked, because the Baby Jogger name (it's just a brand) confuses people all the time.

According to Baby Gizmo, the seat measurements are basically the same between the City Mini and there B-Agile, so they should both fit tall kids. The Micro might have a slight advantage because of the sling seat, but I dislike sling seats because of the slouch factor, and I know I'm far from alone (which is why the City Mini now has a real seat).

wnkw

Yup, either of those. I have both (prefer b-agile), and dd1 (45 in/over 50lbs) can still ride. She fits better in the baby jogger though. Britax is coming out with two new colors, so maybe the black/red price will drop?

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

bella_1818

My 6 year old can still ride very comfortably in the Maclaren with room to grow. They are in bankruptcy, so good deals to be had.

He fits okay in the BJCM and BJCE.

He says the B-Ready is too small.

Mercuria

I think Maclaren USA went into bankruptcy, which was just the US distributor. Maclaren is still going strong, though the prices may be more reasonable now that people here associate it with severed fingertips. Everywhere else, the recall just made Americans look like idiots =/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC