Can some one with a Truefit help me?

Kegracin

Can some one with a Truefit help me. My Niece's TFP's harness got frayed and Tomy sent my sister a new harness however she cant figure out how to put the new one in.

Has any one done it have pictures? Could some one with at truefit take pictures so I could just link the thread to her....I'm not seeing any one in her area to help her and I'm booked and cant drive up and help her.

ADS

Mags462

:question: this is very intriguing to me! i didn't think the harness was replaceable, and i am very surprised they just sent it w/ no instructions ..... i await knowledgeable input.

Dorothy

When I had to replace a malfunctioning crotch buckle, they sent me a special tool to take the panels off. The new buckle set consisted of the buckle and tongs. However, they said there was no way to get the tongs off my existing harness, so I should just replace the buckle. I remember peeking behind the big back panel to check it out, and I was really nervous I wouldn't get it all put back correctly. I don't know how helpful that was...

Kegracin

When I had to replace a malfunctioning crotch buckle, they sent me a special tool to take the panels off. The new buckle set consisted of the buckle and tongs. However, they said there was no way to get the tongs off my existing harness, so I should just replace the buckle. I remember peeking behind the big back panel to check it out, and I was really nervous I wouldn't get it all put back correctly. I don't know how helpful that was...

Now I know why she's so confused...I was picturing something britax like in my head.

jess71903

Ambassador
Ok, if she needs more, I can do that, but I think this may do it.

First, it's 1 long strap. You have to take everything off one side (chest clip, buckle) which may be difficult to do, but it's not impossible. So take the side that you DON'T remove everything from and thread it through the yellow harness height adjuster (easiest to do this with it on the #1 or #2 setting) and connect it to the splitter plate on the back.

Take the long end and thread it down through the hole at the hips.

When you get to the bottom side, it's easier to see if you have it UNreclined. Bring it down through the one slot, and up through the other. When you get done, it needs to run under those 2 clips you can see in the picture, but it may not stay if you do that now.

Then catch it on the top side, thread on the buckle tongue and then the chest clip. (I find it easiest to buckle everything at this point to make sure I've got them pointed the right way.) Then push it through the yellow height adjuster, and hook it to the splitter plate. This is where you can make sure the part under the seat is under the clips.

That should do it!

Dorothy

Mine is an older (it expires next year) model. It is the original (not recline, premier, etc.). It seems different than that. I am almost curious enough to go pull it out to look. Almost. ;)

ETA: I didn't catch the TFP designation in the OP. :blushing:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC