What do you think of this plan?

kelpiegirl

We are flying in just under 4 months from FL to CA (with a plane change). At that point, we will have a brand new 2 year old (turns 2 on the trip) and a 6.5yr old. Both kids are on the tall side (currently toddler is 35.5" tall & 26#; 6 year old is 47.5" and 51#). Currently they are using a Britax Blvd/SK Radian 65 and Britax Frontier 85, respectively. We currently have 2 Frontiers, Radian, SRTV, Britax Blvd, Turbo booster, ...

We will have a rental car part of the time, I was thinking of bringing the Radian for the tot and SRTV for the 6 year old. If there is something safer, I'm willing to buy it. The tot is RF but figured for the plane ride, I would harness him FF and then RF in the car. The 6 yr old is harnessed currently but does ride (very rarely) in a HB booster.

Thanks for any advice,
Susan

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
And the bonus part is, you can use the tray table in most planes with the Radian FF, since it's so slim. Get some square crayons and some big post-it notes and you've got clean entertainment that won't fall on the floor :D

kelpiegirl

Thanks ladies. I think this is going to be a good plan. We will most likely only use a car very limited and the trip from the airport to hotel is only a few miles.

Susan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC