car seat clinic

biddyk8

Hey,

This should maybe be in car seat chat. But I'll put it here as we are Canadian.

Is there any point going to a car seat clinic when you know that your install is good and has been checked? My daycare is having one this month and I don't know if we should go as I feel I would be wasting the cpsts time. If I don't go they will probably talk about me lol:rolleyes:

Then DH said we should maybe go as it might restore the techs faith a little. Every other car in the area has an AOE, and we are also the only rearfacers past 1 in the daycare as it is constantly remarked on. I even saw a dad come out of the toddler room last week and drive away with his kid not in a seat at all. :eek::mad: The baby had to be under 3 as all the older kids are in a different part of the building. (I did mention it to the manager and I'll be getting his licence plate next time I see him)

ADS

LittlePeanut

If you have the time, I would go. I do love seeing seats that are well installed but I like to think that everyone comes away with a little extra knowledge, even if their seats are impeccably installed. I don't see it as someone wasting my time. In fact, if it's that good, it takes almost no time at all to check things over and run through the check sheet.

And in Canada, we're CRSTs ;)

*ETA - Worst case, you tech the techs a thing or two :)

Brianna

I thought my seats were installed correctly but I had them checked by a tech from this board and she was able to show me techniques for tightening the seat belt that I didn't know. I was glad I had her check my seats and it wasn't a waste of time at all :)

biddyk8

Well it was our wonderful Trudy from here who did my last check :D

Its during pick up time anyway so I will see how busy it looks when I decide whether to stay. Oh I didnt mean my install was great, I just know its ok, especially compared to alot of the usage around here. :(

LittlePeanut

Ah well then, yeah, I get it but I would still go. Even just to be a good example. And like I said, depending on the techs, perhaps they could learn a thing or two from you.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'd go too. You never know what you might get, and at the very least you're setting a great example. Of course if the techs are not up to snuff and are telling you things you know are wrong then don't let them change stuff. Let us know how it goes either way!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Ah well then, yeah, I get it but I would still go. Even just to be a good example. And like I said, depending on the techs, perhaps they could learn a thing or two from you.

I would say it's highly likely that the techs will learn a lot, if I remember the area OP has moved to correctly, lol. I just have to say that OP and her family are great and meeting them was a pleasure. :love:

I'd go for the purpose of setting an example for other parents, but otherwise I suspect that you are going to be more knowledgeable than the "average" tech in your area. There are some good techs that come out of the provincially trained techs - we've had a few of them on the board here, but most of them are being taught with very out of date information and I hear complaints about misinformation being given out. They may do more good than harm overall provided they have the ability to fix installation problems - but I certainly wouldn't count on them being aware of best practice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC