Any news about 65lbs Britax Marathon?

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
all marathons have been 65lb since their introduction years ago.

In Canada (which is where this person is likely from since asking in the Canadian forum) they have only just been approved for 65lbs and are yet to appear on the shelves. Currently until the new shipment (that has apparently shipped and should be hitting shelves soon) the MA's only go to 48lbs.

It's September now, any news about 65lbs Britax Marathon? Anyone see it in store?
We should be seeing them in stores soon, have yet to see one but I will be looking this weekend to see if I can find one.

tiggercat

I bought a Marathon last week at Toys R Us (apparently right off the delivery truck, late July DOM) and it was 48lbs. TRU knows nothing about 65lb Marathons.

Natalie

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I was notified last week that the order for the 65lb marathon that's being donated to a local family through the KDM has been placed and it's expected to arrive at my house in about 5wks time.

So I know they're ready to go, and that they're being shipped. I'm not sure if Britax will still require stores with existing stock to sell out of them before putting the new stock on the floor though. I'd think so... so some stores it may still be a bit before the higher weight ones show up, but I'd imagine online stores that sell more of them like babyproofingplus will start shipping the 65lb ones sooner... but who knows for sure.

Vanessa23

I ordered one through a local store and they were told that the shipment was being released August 31st - but when I called the other day, they had no idea when they would be coming. I'm really hoping that they are the 65 lb. ones when they finally do receive them.

snowbird25ca

I ordered one through a local store and they were told that the shipment was being released August 31st - but when I called the other day, they had no idea when they would be coming. I'm really hoping that they are the 65 lb. ones when they finally do receive them.

My understanding is that Britax quit shipping the 48lb ones completely while they made the switch to 65lb stickering/manuals etc. I'd be very shocked if they got 48lb ones shipped end of august, so I think you're pretty safe to expect a 65lb weight limit one. :)

I talked to a gal at our local TRU/BRU yesterday, and she said the 65lb weight limit ones have supposedly been ordered and were shipping, but they haven't heard anything more than that. They had a demo model and 1 other 48lb seat left in stock.

(She also said their stock choices won't be changing, but they will be doing special orders for the other cover choices if customers want them. :thumbsup: )

twinmommy

I just checked out the babyproofingplus website and they are now selling the 65 lb. Marathons. I had emailed last week and were told that they were arriving last Friday. Looks like they are FINALLY here! Yay!
Twinmommy:):)

AllieCanada

Yay! I just checked their website this morning and it still said 48 lbs so they must have just got their stock and updated their website :)

snowbird25ca

I just looked at their site and see the 65lb announcement. :) The description is saying 33lbs rf'ing - I wonder if Britax changed the rf'ing weight limit on the new seats, or if it's a case of copy & paste error - that particular mistake was there before, so who knows...

Would be great if they'd raised the rf'ing weight limit too though. :)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I just checked out the babyproofingplus website and they are now selling the 65 lb. Marathons. I had emailed last week and were told that they were arriving last Friday. Looks like they are FINALLY here! Yay!
Twinmommy:):)

My friend ordered one from them and it was shipped on friday . . . wonder if she'll get a 65lb one :confused: It will be here tomorrow so I guess I will know then!

hipmaman

Someone on another forum said there were the Trellis and Sunburst Couture MAs for $50 extra. I am asking her the store she saw them at.

Edit to add that the store is Baby's World in Coquitlam, BC although there is a long waiting list for them.

rogers

Yes, it is in store! I brought a 65lbs Marathon yesterday from babyproofingplus in store. They have lots of them in store, however, the choice of color is limited (lots of popular color is on hold by customer), I guess you should act fast if you want your color, otherwise you may need to wait for 2nd shipment.

I also phoned a couple of other stores, they won't have the new 65 lbs Britax until mid October.

The date of Manufactory (DOM) on my car seat is Sept 17, 2007!

BudgieStew

Cool what is the RF limit is it back to 33 lbs? I'm anxious to know.

Cause on a Facebook group I belong to a lady says she has a NEW A.O with a RF limit of 35 lbs.

ETA Her A.O wasn't 35 lbs limit after all.

Last edited:

twinmommy

I placed my order for 2 MA yesterday from babyproofingplus and recieved a call today to let me know that they are already out of the crocodile print. They are going to ship my Ashley one today and the Crocodile when they recieve their next shipment in a month. I can hardly wait to get them.
Twinmommy

rogers

The rear facing limit is 30 lbs printed in the sticker in my 65 lbs car seat.

And Crocodile color is hard to find, I talked to babyproofingplus, a lady mentioned that britax just shipped a small amount of Crocodile color to them (they may have bigger order from Toysrus).

Currently, seems dearbornbaby still have some Crocodile color in stock........good luck for founding your style!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC