Accident/Replacement Seats for a 2009 Corolla

Trish B

We were in an accident tonight. Driving our pastor's 1999 Camry. Airbags didn't deploy since I swerved and braked just enough to only damage the driver's side headlight area. We had been doing 60mph when a Dodge Ram truck ran a red light and turned left. I had my 3 year old and my 17 month old in the back seat, both in Evenflo Symphony 65 LX seats. She was RFing and slept through it. He was FFing and was awake and not hurt. I know Evenflow says to replace them no matter how small the accident. We have a 2009 Corolla and I was toying with the idea of getting skinnier seats since we can't fit anyone else in our back seat with the 2 Symphonys. What seats fit well in the Corolla?

ADS

nannykates

So glad everyone is ok!

Knowing how much your kids weigh and how tall they are are will help us make more personalized recommendations. But here are a few to get you started.

dd- Radian with angle adjuster, Chicco Nextfit, Evenflo Sureride, Graco Size4me/mysize/headwise

ds-Britax Frontier, Graco Nautilus, Evenflo Securekid, Evenflo Sureride, or Radian if you really want to free up some back seat real estate.

Trish B

My 17 month old is 20lbs and 30in. My 3 year old is 33.5lbs and 36in. I was thinking either 2 Radians since they are on sale or a Radian for DD and the Harmony Defender 360 for my nephew. We want to be able to fit someone else in the back seat when both carseats are installed.

MotoMommaNH

My 17 month old is 20lbs and 30in. My 3 year old is 33.5lbs and 36in. I was thinking either 2 Radians since they are on sale or a Radian for DD and the Harmony Defender 360 for my nephew. We want to be able to fit someone else in the back seat when both carseats are installed.

that sounds like a great plan! Probably what I would do if I was looking for a narrow convertible and combination seat. Sounds like you are off to a good start in your search.

So glad everyone was OK!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC