Question Baby buckets

tam_shops

I have a friend that's newly due w/ her first and wanted to check in about baby buckets. My brain only holds so much information and when my oldest moved to boosters, that's where my brain moved! LOL

http://www.westcoastkids.ca/Baby-Kids-Car-Seats/Infant/Britax---B-Safe-infant-car-seat"]Going to suggest the B-Safe w/ 22# limit

Graco w/ 35# limit and the same price

And the Safety First w/ 22# and half the price of the other two

Does anyone have a strong preference against these and/or for something else? I think 3 is enough for one person to look at...

If she wants to go w/ just a convertible, do the Truefit, new Britax MA and perhaps the Radian still good fits?

Thanks!

tam

Thanks!

tam

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I really like the SnugRide 30 as well, and the OnBoard is a nice seat too. Does she need stroller compatibility? What's it going into? How long does she want to use the bucket for? What is her budget?

If I had to pick one seat not knowing anything else my go to seat is the SnugRide 35 but there are plenty of other great options.

tam_shops

Thanks ladies! Guess I'm not as behind w/ baby buckets as I thought! LOL

I do love the Chicco car seats and their strollers too, but I don't like kind of think if you're spending over $200, you should get one that goes to 30# b/c it will last longer if you get a heavy weight. Also, the seats that go to 30#+ in the US, but 22# here annoy me b/c they're heavier in weight/bulkier/bigger to no Canadian benefit. Perhaps a personal bias, I'll be sure to mention it that to her! LOL

Will mention/discuss strollers with her. Pretty sure she's a Bugaboo mom. I was a stroller collecting/buying/reading geek long before car seats. Actually think I still have more strollers than car seats, even though my youngest is almost 4yo and rarely rides in one anymore! LOL

I haven't spoken to her much about it yet. I was arranging a car seat check w/ a BFP (due soon mom) at work and she started asking about a seat she was given, which lead to a full check. I thought it all odd at the time, then noticed she wrote, "baby not born yet" on the check form and I went :cool: and questioned it. She went, :dance::jive:;) and it was pretty cool!

tam

FrauDrA

Will mention/discuss strollers with her. Pretty sure she's a Bugaboo mom. I was a stroller collecting/buying/reading geek long before car seats. Actually think I still have more strollers than car seats, even though my youngest is almost 4yo and rarely rides in one anymore! LOL

tam

Oh, yeah, you were on Stroller Swap, right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC