Why is the Radian not in stores? Whine, whine, complain, complain.

abacus2

I know I could order the Radian with return shipping insurance or from Target and return it if I need to, but I want to be able to see a Radian in person first so I know whether it will be worth the trouble to save up for. I could put a deposit down at BRU to have them transfer a Radian 80 from a bigger store, but I know I wouldn't actually buy that one since their still charging $280 for it. :thumbsdown: I do have a local store that is carrying the new Recaro seats so I can see those :thumbsup:, but unless I'm missing something, I would have to drive more than 100 miles to see the Radian in person. This has been bugging me for a while, but the other day I realized that in addition to being a likely good choice FFing, it would probably also be great RFing on my super slanted Intrepid seats. Anybody know of somewhere in the Chattanooga, TN area that I'm missing or am I really just out of luck? Ok, vent over.

ADS

didymama

look at your smaller kids stores or USA baby. i bought mine at a toy/baby shoppe (spelled that way because it's so up scale). also call SK too.

crunchierthanthou

Looking at both USA Baby's and SKJP's sites, I think you're correct. The closest B&M retailers are near Nashville. Can you return in store to Target if it doesn't work for you?

In what kind of car are you planning to use it? For which child are you considering it?

abacus2

USA baby is one of the stores I could drive 100 miles to. The only local baby shop I was able to find is the one that has the Recaro. I called SK about 6 months ago and at that time they had no local specialty stores selling their product, but they told me Radians would soon be available in store at Target, BRU, Sears, and JCPenny. That hasn't happened. I should probably try calling SK again.

abacus2

The returning to Target approach is probably my best approach, but I hate to just plan to return it and I'm not quite ready budget wise to purchase. From Kashi's contribution to the Radian successful install thread, I'm reasonably sure the Radian would work FFing (for Rachael only) in my '98 Chevy Cavalier. I think I would like it for both girls and I would really like to have a narrow seat option. I want to know if it will fit well in my '97 Dodge Intrepid and see it in person to know if I actually like it as well as I think I do from looking at pictures.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Well just to let you know, I drove about 200 miles to get my Radian, now the bottom is cracking and all SK can tell me is that I have to take it back to the store because I am not their customer!!!!

So I personally would try it out at the store, then order it from SK directly so they will view you as a real-live-honest-to-god- customer-of-their-very-own and actually honor their 1 yr warrenty

Kimberly

Uhh, can you tell I'm not all that happy with SK right now?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The returning to Target approach is probably my best approach, but I hate to just plan to return it and I'm not quite ready budget wise to purchase. From Kashi's contribution to the Radian successful install thread, I'm reasonably sure the Radian would work FFing (for Rachael only) in my '98 Chevy Cavalier. I think I would like it for both girls and I would really like to have a narrow seat option. I want to know if it will fit well in my '97 Dodge Intrepid and see it in person to know if I actually like it as well as I think I do from looking at pictures.

I haven't done a seat check on a 97 intrepid, but have had good success with installing the radian in dodge/chrysler cars in general. You could always get the one, try it out in both vehicles, and then decide on the 2nd.

TN Mary

I bought mine sight unseen.... got it installed rock solid just yesterday (FF w/latch).

If you're ever in the Knoxville area, I'd be more than happy to meet you and show you ours. :)

abacus2

I'm glad to hear it works in Dodge/Chrysler cars generally and thanks for the offer; I don't get to Knoxville often though.

remken

My roommate has this yr. of intrepid

dodgeintrepid.jpg

I'm sure he'll let me try R radian in it if its like yours later this afternoon. If you'd like me to. I'll take pictures also.

look at your smaller kids stores or USA baby. i bought mine at a toy/baby shoppe (spelled that way because it's so up scale). also call SK too.

I was gonna suggest that as well. the only ppl that actually carry the RAdian in stock is a very small baby store on the edge of town (or at least that is what RAdian's website states) I too don't like to buy carseats off line sight unseen and without trying it out. It would frustrate me to no end if i got the seat and it didnt' fit my car or my kid, KWIM
Beth

LuvBug

I feel your pain... no store anywhere in good driving range has them. We have 1 USA Baby about 1.5h away that doesnt carry carseats anymore AT ALL and the only other small baby store ONLY carries britax.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC