What stroller do I need?

HeatherB

After browsing these threads, I'm certain I can get the advice I need here! :D

I have a 5.5yo DS who nearly always wants to walk (but could tire in a mall); a just-turned-3yo DS who is about 50/50 for walking versus riding; and a baby due in just a few weeks. We have the "original" Companion that we'll use with the baby again.

When we used the Companion with our second DS, I couldn't find any good matches for it in a stroller, and knew I wanted a double (with a 2.5yo as well). We went with the Maclaren Twin Traveller, and it's been well used.

Now, I'm envisioning using a stroller that can be easily used with the Companion OR for the 3yo. I will often want to wear the baby, and the 3yo may want to walk. I'd like the flexibility of having BOTH options, so that we can use just one stroller on a regular basis, no matter what our plans are.

Obviously, I could use the side-by-side still, but it's hard to have to ALWAYS wake the baby! There are times when we really could've used a "system" rather than just waking the little one to put him in the stroller, and praying he'd go back to sleep!

So what's my best bet? I've seen a number of strollers referred to here that I'm not familiar with, so please give me any and all info! Thanks! :)

ADS

jennsmile

I have a Peg Perego P3. You can use it with the camphion. Or if you are carrying your baby you can use it with the 3 yo and then if needed big brother can ride in back. We love ours. The only drawback is you can't have a second rider with the carseat or a sleeping baby with the recline.

Jenn

HeatherB

Thanks! I didn't realize the P3 had the riding board. I've also been looking at the Techno XLR and Joovy Caboose. Just need to make sure whatever it is works well with the Companion AND is easy to switch between using with the infant seat and a toddler (or possibly the 5yo, too).

lovemyfamily

The Caboose accepts most infant seats, I believe you can double check if yours will work on their website. The only issue with it, is that when you have an infant seat in the front seat, on the Caboose, the jumpseat for your hitchhiking rider is not able to be sat on, so they child would have to stand. But with a P3, the toddler step is useless with an infant seat in it, so you do at least have the stand option with the Caboose. I say do like me, have both the P3 and the Caboose LOL

henrietta

We have a Fisher Price Stand and Ride Duo Stroller. I don't think they are being made now, but you can still find them on ebay and some Big Lots. We got ours at Big Lots. It's part of their Active Gear line, grey and lime green accents, and has accessories to match that attach to the stroller (cooler, family back pack, on the go potty).

It has a front seat that can accomadate infant carriers like the Graco Snugride and the Fisher Price infant seat (Voyage), so I'm assuming it can take the Companion (since the Voyage is made by Britax and it's the same basic seat). The back "seat" is a plastic jumpseat w/3 point safety belt and a platform to stand on, so one child can sit OR stand in back. If you only have one child w/you, the back has a big fold out basket, and if you lift the jumpseat, you have access to another large basket. It has cupholders for Mom and the child up front.

I really, really like it. In fact, we bought one for my cousin b/c her Big Lots was out of them, and my friend bought one, too. I use it shopping a lot, instead of putting ds in the shopping cart.

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC