Need HBB Advice

hlauburn

My daughter (8) is currently in booster mode in a Frontier. I have an 08 Acadia with captain's chairs, and because of the short, rigid stalk on the seatbelt portion combined with the width of the booster, it is literally impossible for her to strap herself in...and very difficult for me! :thumbsdown:

I'd like to get her another seat so she can buckle herself in. I've researched a little and it looks like the Parkway SGL is a little narrower, so it might be a better fit, but it seems pretty similar to a Frontier, so I don't know. :confused:

Any other recommendations on a more narrow HBB?
Also, what's the general consensus when it comes to LATCH vs no LATCH on a HBB? I've read different opinions, so what's the deal?

Thank you in advance!!

ADS

veggiegirl228

Do you have her torso height? (that can help with seat ideas)

For Latch, it is to keep the seat from becoming a projectile in the event of an accident. But buckling the seat in when not in use will do the same thing. So it's a matter of preference.

hlauburn

Do you have her torso height? (that can help with seat ideas)

For Latch, it is to keep the seat from becoming a projectile in the event of an accident. But buckling the seat in when not in use will do the same thing. So it's a matter of preference.

I don't know her torso height, but if you can tell me how to measure it, I'm sure I can do it! :)

I will never buckle the seat when she's not in it, so that's not really an option. And since she's in school, she's probably in the seat less than 1/2 the time we're in the car. The other good thing about LATCh is that I was hoping it would keep the seat in place and make the buckle more accessible for easier buckling.

Thanks!

~joanna~

We have both an affix and a SGL and really like both. My daughter can never decide which she likes better. We had a frontier and it did not work for us in booster mode because the seatbelt wouldn't retract and it was difficult for her to buckle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC