Double Stroller That Fits Behind 3rd Row Pilot?

JCsMomma

We are going to be buying a van eventually, but have decided to keep my 2008 Pilot for a while and just make it work - our situation just isn't quite right for a new car ATM.

I am expecting #4 and prefer to have some separation with the kids (for my sanity). I will have two rear-facers on the 60 portion of the 2nd row and my older kids outboard 3rd row. They will get in and out via the flipped 40 portion.

So, I need a double stroller that will fit behind the third row. I have a Baby Jogger Classic Double that is too big & heavy for sure. Does anyone know first hand if the City Mini Double will fit standing up? I don't really need room for anything else; we will probably get a rooftop box for traveling if we need to and I can put groceries, etc on the floorboard. It's not going to be as convenient or ideal as a minivan but it'll do. I just need a decent stroller! I prefer not to have a Mac or similar, would even like something that can be used as a single or a double.

Considering City Mini Double, P&T Dot or P&T plus one... Any thoughts or other ideas?

ADS

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
My City Mini Double fits behind the third row of my Explorer standing up.

I'll second that. Mine fits behind the 3rd row or my explorer.

What is your time frame? I can try one in a pathfinder on Tuesday.

ETA: just read again. It is a pilot.

I'm fairly certain you'll be ok. I remember being pleasantly surprised at the space behind the pilot 3rd row.

Also, if you need to squeeze some more space, occasionally I take the wheels off mine.

JCsMomma

Thanks guys, that is helpful. I don't think my car has quite as much room behind the third row as the newest generation Pilot, but it's not tiny. Definitely bigger than my old Pathfinder, by quite a bit. I do have a tether that goes across the cargo area, which is the only thing that might cause a problem. Maybe I will order one from somewhere with a good return policy and just see how it goes... I am not due with #4 until July but I could use it now with my 3.5 y/o and 19 month old.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Thanks guys, that is helpful. I don't think my car has quite as much room behind the third row as the newest generation Pilot, but it's not tiny. Definitely bigger than my old Pathfinder, by quite a bit. I do have a tether that goes across the cargo area, which is the only thing that might cause a problem. Maybe I will order one from somewhere with a good return policy and just see how it goes... I am not due with #4 until July but I could use it now with my 3.5 y/o and 19 month old.

Both of my 3rd row tethers or on my rear sill plate. I can put my bjcmd one one side enough to leave the TA alone. The pilot I was in was a 2008, I think.

JCsMomma

Yep, mine's a 2008. I only have one tethered seat I the third row so I think there will be enough room on the other side for the stroller.

I have been reading more and now the Valco Zee Two (which looks great except I think I would have to remove the wheels for it to fit) and the B-Agile double. I am not liking what I see of the city mini double's car seat adapter. The B-Agile seems pretty comparable, but the seats aren't very upright and that's a concern... I think I need to go play with some strollers in person, if I can figure out somewhere that carries them...

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Any double umbrella will fit. I had an Inglesina Twin Swift when I had a Pilot. You'll have trouble with joggers, but anything smaller shouldn't be an issue. The 'trunk' in the Pilot is bigger than you'd think.

JCsMomma

I like the Snap single, but the double not having independent canopies is a deal breaker for me :(

I actually just bought a P&T Navigator on NBD... with the coupon code it was like $200 cheaper than I've seen anywhere. I didn't have a lot of time to research (afraid I'd lose it!) but I've looked at it before and liked it better than the Dot except for the size. But, I do think I can fit it in the car, I may jet have to remove the wheels. Fingers crossed anyway!

I like the Snap single, but the double not having independent canopies is a deal breaker for me :(

I actually just bought a P&T Navigator on NBD... with the coupon code it was like $200 cheaper than I've seen anywhere. I didn't have a lot of time to research (afraid I'd lose it!) but I've looked at it before and liked it better than the Dot except for the size. But, I do think I can fit it in the car, I may jet have to remove the wheels. Fingers crossed anyway!

My P&T's fits awesomely in almost every car we've tried it in, especially if you pop the wheels off (but I have done that maybe once...ever...in 5 years of owning our several different models).

kadora

FWIW, I have a Zooper Tango that I love for errands. (I have 7 other strollers and have tried/sold about a dozen more, half single/half double, lol!) The push isn't the greatest but the features on it are awesome, especially for a newborn. My #2 and #3 are 13 mo apart and #2 didn't walk until 19 mo, so it was a lifesaver. Fits easily behind our 3rd row in the older Sienna we have (the BJCMD fit, too, but we had to usually take the wheels off. The Tango has full (truly, they go down to the belly bar) canopies, flat recline that's easy to use, can use with a carseat, and tons of storage.

They aren't as commonplace, but just thought I'd throw it out there in case you run across a good deal on a used one! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC