3 Boosters in a Camry

B

brocktune

I have been reading through the threads (including the lenghty 3-across thread), so I know this topic has been discussed at length. However, there are a few things I am not clear on. We are starting from scratch, this is our secondary car. Our main car is an Odyssey. However, with gas prices the way they are, it would be nice to use our 2009 Camry more often. My children are 5, 5, and 4. They are all over 40 pounds and 40 inches. I was thinking of buying 3 of the Graco Turboboosters or 3 Radians. However, I didn't see any posts where someone had 3 of the same seat. I wasn't sure if this was because they used what they had, or if it would work better to have different seats so that the armrests weren't in the same place (or some other reason to use different types). [FYI: In the Odyssey, the 5 year olds are in Britax SGLs (which would never fit across in the Camry) and the 4-year old is in a Britax Boulevard.}

Any advice is appreciated!

ADS

twins+1

I know this is old, but my wife and I are close to your problem. We have twin 5 year olds and an almost three year old. Side note, this is our second car trying to deal with car seats, previous was a brand new Rav4, we had to get rid of. Anyway, we are concern of running into the same problem you have. Wife has a Sienna, I have a 2011 Camry. Right now we have two Graco Affix's and a Britax Marathon, these puzzle together well enough. But, I can't fathom what booster seats will fit 3 across.

Long story short, have you figured anything out? We really don't want to get "another" car.

Mary_Ann

Hi! Is the 3yo outgrowing the marathon? If it's the case, there are several harness seats that might fit between the boosters. The diono radian is really narrow and has a high weight and height limit. A 3yo needs to be in a 5 points harness, not in a booster with the seatbelt. If you give us more details about your kids, it will be asier to suggest good seats!

twins+1

Sorry, no we plain on keeping the little dude in the Marathon until he is "busting" out of it. Our lease is up on out Camry in November, so we are trying to figure out if it's worth keeping or getting something else that we can keep for a Loooong time. We are tired of having to get new cars.

Oh yeah, the Twins are 50" tall and 49lbs, and little man is 35lbs, and 38" tall.

Thanks

EmmasMom

Sorry, no we plain on keeping the little dude in the Marathon until he is "busting" out of it. Our lease is up on out Camry in November, so we are trying to figure out if it's worth keeping or getting something else that we can keep for a Loooong time. We are tired of having to get new cars.

Oh yeah, the Twins are 50" tall and 49lbs, and little man is 35lbs, and 38" tall.

Thanks

Lease is up this November? If I were in that situation I'd trade it in for something with a third row. That marathon will probably be outgrown in 12-18 months and you probably won't be ready for the twins to go backless, or the younger one to booster. So, I can see the car seat subject being an issue for you in the Camry again soon.

Maybe someone else can give you better info though... Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC