Armrests on Captains Chairs

My3Sons

Should they be up or down when rf/ff? Neither the T&C manual or our car seat manuals say anything about the position of the armrest, on the captains chairs, when using child seats.:shrug-shoulders:

ADS

Cindy&Connor

I'm not sure if there is a right answer unless it's in the manual. Some carseats are to wide for the armrests to go down. In my sil's van her dd is rfing in the second row captains chair and my ds sometimes rides ffing in the 3rd row center. It's a constant fight with the armrest. She wants it up for unknown reasons and he wants it down to put his feet on.

crunchierthanthou

Should they be up or down when rf/ff? Neither the T&C manual or our car seat manuals say anything about the position of the armrest, on the captains chairs, when using child seats.:shrug-shoulders:

You can leave it up or down as long as it's not interfering with installation. If there's no mention in the manuals, then there's no issue.

The only time I know of there being a specific mention of armrests is when it's the kind that comes down from the seatback in the middle position of a bench seat. Some vehicles and/or carseats don't allow a rf seat to be installed in front of those. There aren't generally issues with the kind on the sides of captains chairs.

jebedyah

I install the car seat with the armrest up, then put it down if needed/wanted.

In our van, we have the passenger-side captain's chair moved to the center, and rear-facing car seats in both captain's chairs. I put the middle armrests down to help prevent toys from slipping down between the two seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC