Excited about my install

ProudMommysince09

And I knew you guys would understand ;).

I'm glad to announce I was able to install DD's Frontier in my car using LBP, top-tethered and the thing is rock solid. :D
At first I thought the seatbelt was too short (which it is in the middle so now she's outboard) but after 'some' (okay after about an hour and a half :p) trying and pushing it's in. I'm happy because the gap between the seat back and the carseat is now very small, it's LBP - I wasn't excited about my SBP install and it doesn't move. DD was getting too heavy for Latch so I needed to get it in with the seatbelt. At first she was in the Nauti, but she can undo the buckle and that's just not working so I'm glad I got the Frontier in and she can't mess with the buckle.

ADS

MotoMommaNH

Out of curiosity, What kind of vehicle do you have?
I'm going to be attempting the LBP install in my sisters civic soon and am nervous about it!

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
And I knew you guys would understand ;).

I'm glad to announce I was able to install DD's Frontier in my car using LBP, top-tethered and the thing is rock solid. :D
At first I thought the seatbelt was too short (which it is in the middle so now she's outboard) but after 'some' (okay after about an hour and a half :p) trying and pushing it's in. I'm happy because the gap between the seat back and the carseat is now very small, it's LBP - I wasn't excited about my SBP install and it doesn't move. DD was getting too heavy for Latch so I needed to get it in with the seatbelt. At first she was in the Nauti, but she can undo the buckle and that's just not working so I'm glad I got the Frontier in and she can't mess with the buckle.
Awesome! I totally understand; I was completely intimidated by the LBP before I did it.
Out of curiosity, What kind of vehicle do you have?
I'm going to be attempting the LBP install in my sisters civic soon and am nervous about it!
One thing that helped me was watching Britax's YouTube videos before attempting the LBP: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbZiOj4-LmA"]Britax Frontier 85 Harness-2-Booster Seat: Harness Mode Installation Using Lap/Shoulder Belt - YouTube[/ame]

MommyShannon

Yay! The video is a MUST! I was so frustrated until I watched the video and tried again. The manual does not explain it correctly.

Stelvis

I get excited about LBP too. It's confusing at first but once you get it, it kind of becomes second nature.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
ProudMommysince09 said:
Oh, sorry I should have mentioned, its a '03 Ford Explorer. Good luck with your install :).

It is pretty dreamy with LBP in the third row. I hate that the middle belt isn't long enough. I like having it in the middle and I'm always less-than-thrilled. I like lbp more than either other install.

ProudMommysince09

It is pretty dreamy with LBP in the third row. I hate that the middle belt isn't long enough. I like having it in the middle and I'm always less-than-thrilled. I like lbp more than either other install.

You have an '04 right? I did lots of searching the forum with FR85 and Explorers lol.. Mine doesn't have a third row, not sure why :confused:.. Does yours have a tether anchor in the 2nd row middle seat? Mine just has it on the outboard positions or the cargo anchors all the way by the trunk. I was going back and forth on what would be a better place with the Nauti, middle seat but no tether or outboard and tether.. But I'm pretty happy with the outboard install of the FR and tether - such a stress relief to know the kid can't unbuckle her straps!!

Athena

Yes, totally get it! Congratulations! And it gets so much easier! I was completely intimidated by it at first too, but now I can do it fairly quickly (not Britax convertible install quick, but much quicker than at first) rock solid. Also, it helps a lot if you have a second person to hold the belt slack (by the retractor) while you're getting it routed around and checking for twists. If you have that option, it will make it even quicker and so much easier.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
ProudMommysince09 said:
You have an '04 right? I did lots of searching the forum with FR85 and Explorers lol.. Mine doesn't have a third row, not sure why :confused:.. Does yours have a tether anchor in the 2nd row middle seat? Mine just has it on the outboard positions or the cargo anchors all the way by the trunk. I was going back and forth on what would be a better place with the Nauti, middle seat but no tether or outboard and tether.. But I'm pretty happy with the outboard install of the FR and tether - such a stress relief to know the kid can't unbuckle her straps!!

Yes, I have an '04.

Strange that you don't have one in the middle. My middle one is not on the floor like the outboard tether anchors, it is just beneath the seat for the third row. There were 5 passenger models. We got a 7 because we knew we wanted 2 kids.

My LATCH manual reads you have TA for the center seating position. It is either of the two cargo tie downs in the rear filler panel.

Those two tie downs are the TA's for my third row. The ones for my second row are U shaped, and the center is not on the floor like the two OB positions. It sits up higher, just below the seat of the third row.

MotoMommaNH

One thing that helped me was watching Britax's YouTube videos before attempting the LBP: Britax Frontier 85 Harness-2-Booster Seat: Harness Mode Installation Using Lap/Shoulder Belt - YouTube

This was perfect! thanks! Me and my BIL got it installed w/the LBP in their Impreza sedan (the Radian80 was already installed in the Civic and I didn't want to mess with that).
I love that install though...so secure! After we did it he goes "Wow, that wasn't that bad at all actually!" :D

I did tell them they should have it checked by a CPST even still. They are lucky enough to both work at Dartmouth Hitchcock where the head of CPS in NH works! And an event coming up in April.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC