Another Sedona thread

rosey2007

I am in the market for a new to me car or van and have around a 9000 limit. I was wondering what the reliability of a 2006 Sedona would be and what you like and dislike about the Sedona.

ADS

agave

My '06 has about 115k on it, I've had it about a year with no reliability problems. The things I don't like are things that would probably bother me with other vans too, like I can't see the hood, visibility while backing sucks and it drinks too much gas. So far it's been easy for car seats.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
We love ours. love it. I bet you could do better than an 06 though, with your budget. We bought our 06 2 years ago, for under $8k.
If you go 07, just watch out because they made something called a "short wheel base" for a time, and it';s awful...they cut the back off the van, so there is no storage room and the rear seats have a 50/50 split instead of 60/40.
We love the great crash test results, its comfy, easy on most seats, headrest and L/S in every position... it has like 46 cupholders! Mine is in my sig. :)

jjordan

We got an 08 last spring (same generation as the 06 and we love it so far. We haven't had any problems, but it has <60k miles on it still, so we wouldn't expect any problems. :)

purplemama

We got a '06 about a year and 4 months ago. It had 47K on it when we got it and was in like new condition. I like it okay. Anything else that was in our price range had over 100K and was in terrible shape.
A month after we got it the battery completely died. Like we could jump it or charge it but even after driving it for an hour it still wouldn't restart. Okay, no biggie, probably the original battery. Fine. It needed brakes, again fine, they were the original brakes.
But a few weeks ago I couldn't keep it running, it was chugging really bad then would die. It was some kinda throttle thing that was $700 to fix. (And yes we are sure that's what it was, DH works in auto parts and has "connections") DH was super mad about that, I mean really it only has 53K on it. And we got it thinking it would only need basic upkeep for awhile.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. But now we feel like we are waiting for other things to go wrong. It doesn't get nearly the gas mileage we thought it would, I still spend way too much on gas.

geekKT

I have an 06, the EX version.

I do really like mine. It's needed some work, most of which has been standard stuff for it's age, like brakes. One of my doors needed a small fix with the motor and I had a wheel bearing go. I've also ripped the front apart 4 times now to change light bulbs, lol. The previous owner must have replaced them all around the same time. Being the EX version I am expecting to be paying more in upkeep of all its features, but I :love: my automatic doors and wouldn't get rid of them.

For the most part it's been reliable and somewhat better on gas than I expected it to be, even if it's still a hog. We've also taken it on a handful of cross country drives and it's comfortable.

I have a back up sensor, but I don't find I have any trouble knowing where the corners of the car are and I can see the hood, maybe because I have a long torso and sit tall. I find it easy to drive, easy to parallel park, and don't have obnoxious blind spots. I haven't had any carseat issues but I haven't had that many seats in it, either.

I'm not sure I have any major dislikes, really. I suppose I haven't owned any other minivans to compare it to.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC