optional LATCH, optional tether, no headrest approved/slanted headrest compatible booster

JustJack

Looking for rec's for a booster for 3rd row of my 2010 Chevy Traverse. It only has 1 TT in the center and no latch. I need one side of the 60/40 to be folded down so options are center or drivers side with the 40 flipped down, or passenger side with the 60 folded down. The center has the seatbelt coming from the roof and the buckle stalk is kind of down in the seat. Not sure how hard it will be to buckle. It will be for my DS who is ~47lbs, not sure on height but average sized and currently 5.5 years. Don't quite plan to booster him yet, but sometime in the near future as he is outgrowing his Maestro (harness mode) and I will need to pass it down to my DD for our second vehicle as our Scenera is getting close to expiration.

**** I guess I am looking for optional LATCH, optional tether, no headrest approved/slanted headrest compatible booster****

Last edited:
ADS

aeormsby

Re: What Booster for 3rd row Chevy Traverse

In our Saturn Outlook (Traverse twin) I have used a Recaro Vivo in the center (although they now claim that it should have a vehicle headrest support behind it so that may not work) and NBB's outboard.

Not sure what HBB's would work with the vehicle headrests back there. And at 5.5yo I'm not sure about using a NBB full time. Kids I've had back there have an easier time buckling on the passenger side because of the fixed buckle stalk, the driver's side can get lost easily.

That's probably not much help. Maybe try searching for boosters that work well with the tilting headrests.

JustJack

Thanks for your input Ann. I edited my question to hopefully get some more answers. :)

aeormsby

The Frontier actually fits in the 3rd row very nicely (outboard) if you want to look for a harnessed seat, only issue is that it wouldn't be tethered (which is required starting at 65lb I think). It also doesn't leave much room at all for legs.

JustJack

I just weighed him tonight and he is almost 50lbs naked so I need to get a booster sooner than I thought. I'm scared!! Tell me the transition to booster isn't too difficult. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around. I just can't see buying another combo seat as he will be 6 in June and we already have a frontier, maestro, boulevard, and scenera plus I just had to buy an infant seat for our newbie coming in April.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC