I got three across in my Toyota Sienna!

bekah

Granted, one is a backless booster, but I'm still happy! 2005 Toyota Sienna 3rd row!
20130212_164149.jpg

Backless Graco Connext, Original Marathon, Frontier.

ADS

bekah

I'm debating, and this is why. The booster latches as well. Nobody has ridden in this set up (I just tried it today) but I am not sure which is more desireable. Booster latched or Frontier tethered...Stupid Toyota for not offering three tether anchors!

Dillipop

I'm debating, and this is why. The booster latches as well. Nobody has ridden in this set up (I just tried it today) but I am not sure which is more desireable. Booster latched or Frontier tethered...Stupid Toyota for not offering three tether anchors!

Frontier tethered is definitely preferable.

canadiangie

Without question top tethering is more important.

embassykh

I have a question for a tech, but it might be dumb. :) Since the center latch is off center towards the passenger side in that vehicle, if you installed the middle seat with the seat belt, could you latch the booster to that latch anchor that is just hanging out?

christineka

I have a question for a tech, but it might be dumb. :) Since the center latch is off center towards the passenger side in that vehicle, if you installed the middle seat with the seat belt, could you latch the booster to that latch anchor that is just hanging out?

Hmmm, I don't see a problem with it, but I'm not an engineer. I'd message toyota (I find them easy to message and always receive good responses) and then message the booster manufacturer.

bekah

I thought about that with the booster too, but it would only be latched at one side...That would keep it from being a projectile but would it change the function of the seat if in an accident? Would more stress be transferred to the side that was not tethered?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC