Do I want a B-Ready?

jjordan

I have been won over by the Britax "you want this" video about the B-Ready. Am I falling victim to their marketing, or is it really as amazing and perfect as I want to think? :)

Here's the deal...
We have a baby due in May; the toddler will be just under 2 years old at the time. We have a Chaperone for the baby so it would work in the stroller WITH the toddler if I get the double kit. (right?) Our current double stroller is a side by side Baby Planet that is a little hard to maneuver, especially through narrow doorways, and is not good for a newborn anyway.

We rented a BJCMD for a recent trip to Disney World, and the manueverability of that stroller was SO NICE compared to what I'm used to (even with 100# of kid inside). Can anyone compare the B-Ready to that standard?

I have a snap n go and two single strollers - a zooper umbrella and a (broken but functional in a pinch) silver cross umbrella. The only one that is newborn-appropriate is the snap n go (with infant seat).

I mainly use a stroller around our neighborhood. Though I expect to be working (in a paid job) less for our baby's first year of life, so there may be a few more outings with me and the two littles.

Is there anything I should know about the B-Ready? Or other strollers that are as good/better for the same/better price?

Thanks for any input! I don't even really know what questions I should be asking, so just weigh in with whatever is important, I guess!

ADS

ebp913

I personally think the B-Ready is the best tandem you can buy as far as push and maneuverability. I'm not sure how to compare it to a side by side double though. However I did just want to mention that the B-Ready is a favorite among self proclaimed stroller snobs.

ebp913

It sounds like it would be a good fit for you since you can still use it once your older one stops riding but you have the option of 2 seats. You could also get a rider board attachment which would be nice as well.

Meg

I've had both the B-Ready and B-Agile double (which is the same as the BJCMD) the past few months and there are things I love and hate about both.
pros B-Ready: maneuvers very nicely, able to fit almost anywhere (including bathroom stalls), liked the option of switching it to a single if one kid wasn't with me
pros BJCMS: so easy to open and close and load in and out of my trunk, maneuvers great

cons B-Ready: a pain to close and open and get in and out of my car, don't like how the kid on the bottom has their feet in the basket
cons BJCMD: hard to navigate around tight aisles at the stores and couldn't fit in the bathroom with me (that's a problem when I'm shopping alone with them!), don't like that if one kid isn't with me I have a big double stroller with a wasted seat

In the end, I ended up listing the B-Ready and returning the B-Agile.:eek: My kids are 3 years old and 3 months old. It made more sense for me to just use the BJCM and Ergo and the kids take turns being in the stroller. If I had two younger kids and I was using the stroller primarily for shopping, the mall, etc., I'd go with the B-Ready. If I was using the stroller for things like walking to school, going to the zoo, etc., I'd go with the BJCMD.

jjordan

Meg, I assume that you no longer have the B-Ready for sale? I think you're a ways away from me anyhow... Just checking. :)

Decisions, decisions! Of course price is a factor too (and convincing dh if I do decide to spend the big bucks on a stroller...). :)

Rosey

I prefer the BJCMD. With the back wheel base of the b-ready it's almost as wide. It's a beast that takes up a bunch of room in the van. I always felt like toddlers wouldnt like the b-ready second seat but Isaiah chooses to ride down there.

Jessica61624

I hate the b ready. It was big a bulky. I always ran into things with the side wheels. Its a pita to fold up and get in the trunk.

I've only had a bjcm but I would get a double if I needed one. The fold is amazing. It steers so easy. And its slim.

sparkle3116

For around the neighborhood, I think the B-ready is great. We have really awful sidewalks and poor snow-clearing, so the big wheels really make a difference. I haven't used it as a double yet, but since like you, I already have a Chaperone infant seat I think it makes a lot of sense. You can either get the doubles kit and put the infant seat up top or get the lower infant car seat adapter and put the chaperone below with your toddler in the main seat.

My little guy will be 25 months old when the new baby is born, so I foresee keeping the B-Ready for a long time. I have found that 3-4 year olds really like sitting in the lower seat and being able to easily climb in/out by themselves at the zoo, etc. which is great when they get to the age where the want to walk *most* of the time, but you can't count on them making it all the way back home without a ton of whining. (Plus unlike a stroller board, you can strap them in if they're being difficult or just slow ;)

I like my city mini single, but I elected to go with a B-agile double (yes, in addition to the b-ready :eek: ) b/c then I can just click the chaperone into it vs the huge, awkward car seat adapter for the BJCM double. If you liked the city mini double, you're not expecting rough terrain, and you think both kids will ride most of the time (ie shopping or places your toddler is not going to be in and out), the B-Agile might be a better choice. I imagine I will use mine for at least a year, or until my older one is walking the majority of the time.

I don't really foresee putting either stroller into my trunk very often, though, b/c I just keep too much other junk in there and in my sub-compact car, the trunk pretty much has to be empty to fit a full-size stroller in there, so the weight of the B-Ready isn't really a big issue for me. If I was lifting it in and out of a car often, or using it for travel, I would probably favor the BJCMD or B-Agile Double.

Meg

Meg, I assume that you no longer have the B-Ready for sale? I think you're a ways away from me anyhow... Just checking. :)
I'll PM you.

Also, you can always sign up for an Amazon baby registry.. it allows you to get 10% off an item 30 days before and after whatever date you input (due date, shower date- can be made up, etc.), so that might help bring down the price on whatever stroller you end up getting.

jjordan

Thanks for all the input! DH is surprisingly open to the idea of getting a new stroller if we can manage to get rid of some of the ones we already have. I'll keep my eyes out for a good deal on any of the ones that have been mentioned, and plan to try them out next time I am at Buy Buy Baby. :)

duckmama

One of the reasons I got the B ready is because my neighborhood is over 100 years old and the side walks are very uneven. My Maclaren hits every bump. Most people here have a B.O.B. for that reason. I am very happy with the ability to push it with one or two kids and I do like that the wheels come off as does the seat to fit in my small trunk. I hate it for shopping in stores like Carters as I can't get by any aisle. For grocery shopping or the zoo or similar places it is amazing because of the basket. I use a b ready and getting it onto the top or onto the car seat adaptor on the bottom is pretty easy. I got mine at a price I can resell it for, but I doubt I will own it more than two years as it is huge. As a tandem it is amazing.

chrislynn5

I absolutely love my b-ready and my B-Agile double. Only con is that the b-ready is heavy but not unmanageable. I wish both strollers would fit in the back of my van at all times but they won't. They both drive like a dream!

farmerswife

I have an UppaBaby Vista which is pretty similar to the B-Ready. I just rewatched some videos (Baby Gizmo) and I'm really jealous of the configurations of the B-Ready. I really wish the Rumble seat on the vista reclined. Just last week at the mall my 18 mo fell asleep and had nowhere to put his head, it just flopped forward. Also you can't use the bassinet and rumble seat at the same time on the vista but can on the B-Ready. Hmmm when I originally researched the strollers last year, I ruled out the B and can't remember why :sigh: It seams like an awesome stroller though

mscarder

My husbands to the point of yours where as long as I get rid of the other he's fine with be being done and just getting what I want! I think the best deal I've found it through kohls is 432.23 + tax and I'll get 80$ kohls cash. Does that seem like a good deal? I can't remember how much they are during the free ride event to compare.

I pink sparkly heart my B-Ready. I've had my fair share of strollers, but it has been my favorite.

It does weigh more than most, but IMO it is worth dealing with. I have to put more effort into lifting it in and out of my trunk (Honda Accord, '09), yes, but I don't have to worry about having comfortable seating for children, storage space, loosing toys in shopping carts, having a clean place to serve snacks, somewhere to put my coffee, tipping shopping carts, difficulties pushing shopping carts, safe places to put my infant carrier (Chaperone), safe and clean places to nap, I also bring the pouch/drink holder (which is insulated) instead of a snack bag, it works great for short trips. And the list goes on.

You can't beat the customer service, either. I had an issue with the wheels, which were 2011's and had been known to wear unevenly, and they replaced them no questions asked, delivered to my door.

The fold is decent, and with two seats attached I can fit it in my trunk just by taking off one wheel (weird angle in my trunk).

jjordan

I had been wondering about buying a 2011 and was worried about the wheels. I'm glad to hear that they will replace them without a problem if the wheels become an issue.

Though... with the Kohl's deal, the price for a 2012 is pretty darn good.

I am so indecisive! Kohl's cash goes through 2/18, so I guess I have until then (2 more days...) to decide FOR SURE.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC