Question New harmony seats

mybabybean

I was looking at a second HBB for my bf's little sister for his car and was thinking the Harmony folding booster would be great since he could fold it away when not in use. He is getting the Defender 360 for my DD in his car. Then I realized that the folding booster only has a 6year expiration:eek: Seriously this makes no sense to me because the Defender same company that came out at the same time has a 10year expiration. Anybody know the reason for the short expiration? I know 6 is pretty standard but it seems that if they can make a 10year seat they could make them all 10year ya know?

ADS

glockchick

Might have something to do with the harness life.... Or the harness adjuster....

I bet it has something to do with the harness system, and they didn't wanna confuse parents with 2 different exp dates so they went with the more conservative one.

mybabybean

Might have something to do with the harness life.... Or the harness adjuster....

I bet it has something to do with the harness system, and they didn't wanna confuse parents with 2 different exp dates so they went with the more conservative one.

I would understand that if the harnessed seat had the shorter life, but instead the dedicated booster has the shorter life??:confused:

glockchick

Doh.... shows how much reading comprehension I have this morning... Sorry. :eek:

In that case I'll go with the Defender is 10 yrs and blow molded plastic like the FR 85 which is 9 years. The folding booster is regular plastic like the PWs that have a 6 year exp. Maybe the regular plastic has a shorter life span than the blow molded?

mybabybean

Could be the difference in types of plastic, hadn't thought of that.
I am definitely getting the defender for the 4yo already. I doubt I can talk him into 2 defenders :( Guess I will end up with another turbo HBB for the 7yo. She wants a harnessed seat believe it or not, but $50 vs $100 is all he will see. She has a harmony LBB in his car now, which is a fine seat when she is awake, but she still falls asleep in the car a LOT so I finally convinced him she at least needs a HBB. Since it is his sister I do not get the final say on that one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC