Question How much over hang is ok with a Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 Infant Car Seat ?

Gap31584

How much over hang is ok with a Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 Infant Car Seat ?

I went to BRU today and looked at the Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 Infant Car Seat. We took it to our 05 Tahoe to make sure it would fit without having to push the front seat up and the only way it would work was to be put in the middle of the seat. I have a 3 year old that I am looking for a new seat as well right now so for the infant seat to be in the middle is a little hard. BUT I can deal with that. What I want to know is does anyone know how much over hang does it allow for? With the seat in the middle the base was so long that there was about an inch maybe a little more that hung off the seat. Is that ok? I couldn't find any information anywhere. Also any suggestions to an alternative to the Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 Infant Car Seat that will allow rear facing until old enough to front face without having to buy a convertible seat?

ADS

amyd

Generally up to 20% of the base can overhang the vehicle seat unless the manual says otherwise. I'd think an inch would be fine.

Gap31584

Re: How much over hang is ok with a Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 Infant Car Seat ?

Anyone else know if hanging off the seat about an inch is ok?

D&L's-mommy

Re: How much over hang is ok with a Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 Infant Car Seat ?

Also any suggestions to an alternative to the Graco SnugRide® Click Connect™ 40 Infant Car Seat that will allow rear facing until old enough to front face without having to buy a convertible seat?

the cc40,may get you to 2 years old, but definitely not to 40lbs,, plus it has a 35inch maximum height, a lot of kids are that tall before they reach 2 years old (my BFF's 19month old is too big, and she's very average sized), so you would have to buy a convertible anyways
2 years rf is the MINIMUM, ideally a child will rf as close to their 4th birthday as possible(or beyond). If you decide to ff after baby's 2nd bday, I think you will find on here a lot of people will recommend that you continue to rf, which will mean having to buy a convertible to do so, but if you rf to 2 years, that's a lot longer than some people do. For me personally, if long term seat costs is an issue, I would buy a lower cost infant seat (a snugride 22 can be found for as low as $70, sometimes less on clearance) then save the money not spend on the cc40 to put towards a convertible that will allow my child to rf as long as possible. Plus, I don't like how huge the cc40 is, I wouldn't want to lug it around. But that's just my 2 cents, and another way to go if you're not totally happy with the cc40.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC