Canadian Evenflo seats dual certified?

creideamh

The thread I read this on is old, and I'm really asking about the Canadian SecureKid. Does anyone know if the manual mentions both FMVSS & CMVSS? The American manual for one of the versions is online as a PDF (that one doesn't mention CMVSS, which it likely wouldn't, as I understand), but Evenflo wants to mail the Canadian manuals instead of putting them online, apparently.
Thanks! :love:

-As a side note, I was reading the SureRide/Titan 65 manual PDF, and it mentions FMVSS then underneath specifies "If a Canadian model, this seat meets CMVSS." From that, I'd take away if the SureRide is released in Canada with that manual, it would be allowed to be used in both countries, correct? Or would it only have a sticker from one country?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The thread I read this on is old, and I'm really asking about the Canadian SecureKid. Does anyone know if the manual mentions both FMVSS & CMVSS? The American manual for one of the versions is online as a PDF (that one doesn't mention CMVSS, which it likely wouldn't, as I understand), but Evenflo wants to mail the Canadian manuals instead of putting them online, apparently.
Thanks! :love:

-As a side note, I was reading the SureRide/Titan 65 manual PDF, and it mentions FMVSS then underneath specifies "If a Canadian model, this seat meets CMVSS." From that, I'd take away if the SureRide is released in Canada with that manual, it would be allowed to be used in both countries, correct? Or would it only have a sticker from one country?

The Sure Ride is being released in Canada under the SureRide name. Was supposed to be here already but it's been delayed for some unknown reason.

I'm not sure about the SecureKid. I know that the Big Kid Amp booster, symphony, maestro, triumph and presumably the momentum are all dual certified. I'm going to hazard a guess that if it's a DOM newer than July of 2012 then it will be dual certified as well.

Canadian evenflo manuals are online, but you need a date of manufacture and model #.

Canadian seats have a sticker on them - the national safety mark sticker, that indicates what CMVSS standards they've been certified to and shows that the seat is legal for sale and use in Canada. On the seats that are dual certified, they have the CMVSS sticker, and then they also have a sticker that includes the statement of compliance that I'm assuming is all FMVSS requires seats to say.

Given that all Canadian infant/child seats in the last year and a half have had to be modified in order to meet our anti-rebound standard, I'm guessing that the same will hold true of the SureRide and that the Canadian version will be dual certified but the US version won't be. But until the seat is actually out in Canada, I won't be able to say for certain.

creideamh

I'm not sure about the SecureKid. I know that the Big Kid Amp booster, symphony, maestro, triumph and presumably the momentum are all dual certified. I'm going to hazard a guess that if it's a DOM newer than July of 2012 then it will be dual certified as well.

Canadian evenflo manuals are online, but you need a date of manufacture and model #.

Canadian seats have a sticker on them - the national safety mark sticker, that indicates what CMVSS standards they've been certified to and shows that the seat is legal for sale and use in Canada. On the seats that are dual certified, they have the CMVSS sticker, and then they also have a sticker that includes the statement of compliance that I'm assuming is all FMVSS requires seats to say.

Thank you SO much!! This is exactly what we needed to know :D I tried searching for the SK manual using a Canadian model # and DOM, and the replacement parts came up as usual as well as a manual, but it didn't have the PDF version (it just said $0.00 and to add to cart, like they'd mail it.)

My last question- since US car seat labels are in English and Spanish, do the dual certified seats have English, French, and Spanish labels?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My last question- since US car seat labels are in English and Spanish, do the dual certified seats have English, French, and Spanish labels?

Now this I'm not sure of. I'm going to guess that if your standards require Spanish to be on the labels, then they must be there in order for them to be dual certified... but I'm honestly not sure as I only recall French and English. Do your standards require seats to come with both languages on the labels? Or are they more vague in the wording?

creideamh

Now this I'm not sure of. I'm going to guess that if your standards require Spanish to be on the labels, then they must be there in order for them to be dual certified... but I'm honestly not sure as I only recall French and English. Do your standards require seats to come with both languages on the labels? Or are they more vague in the wording?

I just asked on the regular board, and KQ says they're only required by FMVSS to be in English :thumbsup: So they probably are just in English and French up there, but still certified for down here as well. Yay! So glad I asked and thanks so much for your help!! :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC