Booster Seat Recomendations - Canada

KDS

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site as a member but I've been a lurker for a couple years :) My son will be 4 end of February and I'm doing my research on booster seats. I want one that I can keep him harnessed in for as long as possible. Right now I'm leaning towards the Britax Frontier, but I'm just wondering if there's another seat that I'm missing? Thanks!!!:)

ADS

KDS

Hi there! I drive a 2012 GMC Silverado, so space is definately not an issue :) My son is 35lbs right now. I'm not a rush to move him to a booster, maybe by summer I'm thinking. Right now he is in a Britax MArathon. :)

smackeen

By law in Canada, a child must be 40lbs before using a booster. How old is he?

Does he still have room in his current seat?

Here is some information for booster use:
http://peicarseatsafety.ca/booster/

Here are questions to ask yourself before moving to a booster:

To determine if your child is ready for a booster, ask yourself:

Does your child meet the weight, height and age requirements of the booster?
Can your child sit in the booster correctly each and every trip, not slumping over or leaning out of position?
Will your child leave the seat belt positioned correctly (not putting seat belt behind back)?
Also, if they are known to sleep in the vehicle, can they stay in position while asleep?
If you have answered no to any of the above questions, then your child is not ready for a booster seat. If they have outgrown their existing seat, there may be other seats available to keep your child harnessed to a safe booster age.

Keeanh

Is there any reason you can't keep using the Marathon? Most 35-40lb kids should fit for a while yet. If he sleeps in the car, a convertible seat is usually more comfortable.

The Frontier is a nice seat. It's the only combination seat I've used, so can't give you any comparisons, sorry. You can also look at the Graco Nautilus & Evenflo Securekid.

MommyShannon

I think you mean a combination seat. There might be another term in Canada too. "Booster" is normally describing a seat belt positioning seat not a harnessed seat. That is what the above limits are describing. I love the Frontier for my kids though it is pricey. They prefer it to their Nautilus seats.

KDS

Thanks :) I thought by mentioning I wanted him to remain harnessed as long as possible and leaning towards the Britax Frontier made it clear what I was looking for ;)
I have a Britax now, and love it, but we are getting another vehicle and don't want to buy another car seat, so I figured I would get a booster for the new one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC