MyRide65 or RadianR100?

kalamos23

I picked up a MR for 90 bucks at Target clearance. I also got a R100 from Kohl's just now for about 130 after the Kohl's cash. The MR has a manf date of 3/12 just fyi.

Anyhoo. I have had one chunky kid/average to tallish torso - she hit 45 lbs right before she turned 3 and was 36 lbs at 18mo, and one skinny kid with a uberlong torso (outgrew the SR35 by height before 8mo), so I have no idea which way the newbie will run. We have a 99 Tahoe and whatever seat I keep will go in the middle of a 3 across, with a F85 on one side and the XTSL on the other. I don't particularly NEED the extra 5 lbs from a R120 as I can just switch the heavier kid (DS or newbie) to the XTSL to keep them RFing longer. DS is only 26 lbs right now at 20mo, and not gaining quickly, so he will probably outgrow RFing by height before weight. It would be a seatbelt install with a lapbelt only.

So. With all that info - which seat would you keep?

ADS

kam1011

I picked up a MR for 90 bucks at Target clearance. I also got a R100 from Kohl's just now for about 130 after the Kohl's cash. The MR has a manf date of 3/12 just fyi.

Anyhoo. I have had one chunky kid/average to tallish torso - she hit 45 lbs right before she turned 3 and was 36 lbs at 18mo, and one skinny kid with a uberlong torso (outgrew the SR35 by height before 8mo), so I have no idea which way the newbie will run. We have a 99 Tahoe and whatever seat I keep will go in the middle of a 3 across, with a F85 on one side and the XTSL on the other. I don't particularly NEED the extra 5 lbs from a R120 as I can just switch the heavier kid (DS or newbie) to the XTSL to keep them RFing longer. DS is only 26 lbs right now at 20mo, and not gaining quickly, so he will probably outgrow RFing by height before weight. It would be a seatbelt install with a lapbelt only.

So. With all that info - which seat would you keep?

I would probably go with the MR, although either should work fine in your situation! MR's base is super narrow, more narrow than the Radain. You can do the carseat shuffle as kids grow. My 3yo's favorite seat ever was the MR. She just recently outgrew it RF (super long torso).

I would keep the radian.
We have a myride and one of the older radians that only rf'd to 35 lbs. My 3 year old son hit 35 lbs dressed last month, and I had to FF him because he was too tall for the myride, but had LOADS of height left to RF in the radian. If we'd had a 40lb radian for him, I probably could have kept him RF until 4.
My son has always been super thin (was actually failure to thrive as a baby/toddler), but went from 30 lbs to 34.5 lbs overnight, it seemed!

gsdguenter

I had 2 MRs and overall liked then way better than my 4 RNs I have. I liked how easy the install was and how the kids fit in them. They looked so comfy. I hated the new Graco buckle though.

I like how long rf the RNs last.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC