Question best all terrain reversable seat buggy

U

Unregistered

Hi I'm expecting my first child and I'm having great difficulty choosing my first pushchair
I would love a reversible seat, all terrain as i live in the country side yet something that folds down easily and compact as i also live in a motor home so space is quite limited.
Any help and advise would be greatly appreciated!

ADS

D&L's-mommy

the only 2 that I can think of are the bugaboo chameleon, and the baby jogger city versa GT.
The versa GT has a smaller fold, and is less expensive than the bugaboo (versa GT ~$550-600, bugaboo ~$1000). but the GT has smaller wheels, so won't handle rougher terrain as well, the GT has a 50 lb limit, the bugaboo is only about 33lbs weight capacity

Another option to consider is getting a good Jogging stroller/or all terrain stroller, with a carry cot. Baby Jogger and Mountain buggy are both excellent strollers. The models that have larger wheels (which is what will give you a better push/better ride) also have a high weight limit (~75-77lbs depending on model) so you'll be able to take baby for a walk even into school age (that rougher ground is hard on little legs)I would check out the BJ Summit, or city elite, or the MB urban jungle, or terrain.

you could also consider getting an all terrain stroller that is car seat adaptable so baby can face you for a few months,but I personally don't advocate that, babies should not stay in the car seat longer than necessary, it's not good for developing bones

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I don't believe there's a release date for the Versa GT in North America yet. Baby Jogger seems to be getting the gears from folks on their recall for the regular Versa here so maybe dealing with that is slowing them down.

Where are you located OP? You said buggy, so not sure if you're outside of NA?

Are you looking for air tires? If I lived in the country I'd consider a Bebecar Vector AT or perhaps the Stylo AT. http://www.bebecar.ca/home/. I wouldn't want smaller front wheels like on a Bug. I'd think you'd want larger front wheels so you can easily get over bumps/ruts without tipping back to get the front wheels over or the stroller stopping short when you hit a large rut.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC