Foonf + 2005 Honda Civic

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Starting out RFing ob, behind driver.

_MG_1769.jpg

_MG_1772.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

What is amazing, is the puzzling in does with the HEADREST! I wish I could have gotten a better pic of it. Nothing touching. Amazing.

The best game of "I'm not touching you" ever.

_MG_1770.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

To show the room available in the driver's seat. Here is a 6' tall man, with a 34" inseam.

_MG_1771.jpg

He said he wouldn't want to do 600 miles, but it was doable to drive.

Room between Foonf in highest position and roof.

IMG_1790.jpg

Just for the heck of it, we put an OnBoard Air next to it.

_MG_1773.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

We tried a radian, for a 3 across. Close to working, but no go.

FFing, ob, driver's side.

IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

Space between C post, and headrest.

IMG_1795.jpg

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Still testing. I won't have time to steal kids for a couple weeks. I have a super special thread coming for you. ;)

Brigala

CPST Instructor
We didn't actually test the munchkin in it today. We are potty training this week and I would have been horrified if she'd peed in Judi's new Foonf. (As it turns out, we had no accidents today, but it wasn't a risk I was willing to take).

By the way, we tried a RF Coccoro next to the RF Foonf and it was *so close* to fitting that if I were really serious about it I would have tried the Foonf on the passenger side (or the center) to see if the minor differences in seat shape and seat belt location would have made it fit. It was literally so close that I think if it weren't for the little snap sewn into the right side of the Coccoro's cover hitting the Foonf, it might have fit.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
In theory, it's 51.2" wide. In practice, the bolsters and the shape of the seat make it even "narrower" than that.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I just went out and measured for you. ;)

At the narrowest point in the general hip area, it's 48" across. That's from arm-rest to arm-rest.

C-post to c-post (head area) it's only 45" across. That's why you can't fit three FF Radians in my Civic. It also limits how tall of a HBB you can use. My Britax Parkway SG hits the c-post when I use it, and next time the kid who rides in it goes throw a growth spurt she'll have to use it backless. She's barely 7.

farrbabies

Judi, have you tried it ffing in the centre? Would I be able to get boosters outboard? Does the rigid latch retract? Does it get in the way if its not being used? Would it be silly to get one for my son? 3.5 years 12 ish inch torso, 28 pounds, 36 inches tall.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The rigid retracts almost all the way. I can see it getting in the way in some cars, like the Mustang. Not in this car though. It will fit in the center, but you would have to make sure the booster played nice with the bolster in the car. I bet you would have to pull the booster out to buckle though.

farrbabies

The rigid retracts almost all the way. I can see it getting in the way in some cars, like the Mustang. Not in this car though. It will fit in the center, but you would have to make sure the booster played nice with the bolster in the car. I bet you would have to pull the booster out to buckle though.

Thanks Judi!
Are you able to take a pic of it ff in the centre? We have a my ride in the centre but it flares out a lot at the top.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC