Need helping choosing travel seats.

Momma2PnS

In March we are flying out of state and renting a car. I am trying to figure out which seats I should bring for my kids. DS1 will be fine in a Graco Turbobooster...maybe even without the back just for the trip.

But DS2 is the puzzle. He is 39 lbs, 5 years old. In my car he rides in a harnessed Britax Frontier. In Grandma's car he rides in a Graco Nautilus using the seatbelt. We had to stop using the harness in her car because her arthritis doesn't allow her to work the harness release button...and DS can't do it himself either. But I'm worried that he isn't mature enough for the booster. Two times so far he has unbuckled while the car is moving! :eek: If he does it again he has been told he won't get to ride in Grandma's car again.

My hope is that by March I can just take a 2nd Turbobooster for him (most likely with the back attached). But if he is still showing that he isn't mature enough, is the Nautilus okay to travel with? What about the Frontier? They both just seem SO BULKY and HEAVY for air travel.

Would love some tips or advice. Thanks!:love:

ADS

Momma2PnS

Things have changed to where I am comfortable enough having both boys in Turboboosters. But now I will be flying alone with them ( no help from
DH). Sooo...how should I travel with the boosters? Check, gate check, carry on? Obviously, the less I have to carry onto the plane the better.

Thanks!

aeormsby

Carry them on (if you want to bring the back for your 5yo you could pack it in a checked suitcase). They're small and lightweight and easy to carry. Just use a bungee and strap them to a rolling case. The kids should have no problem carrying them onto the plane if the set up is too wide to roll down the aisle of the plane, then just stow them overhead.

aeormsby

Do they fit under the seat in case the overhead is full. Or in case the flight attendants are being difficult. :D

I would think a NBB would easily. I always put the kids' wheeled suitcases under their seats so their entertainment is accesible, pretty sure our Literider is smaller that the case.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC