Opinions- Chicco Cortina or Phil and Teds Sport

carsafetynut

I have 2 DS ages 3 and 4. We are currently ttc baby #3 but I need some clomid to help me ovulate, so it may be a while. I am looking at getting either a Chicco Cortina now and then a sit and stand later on when dc#3 is born. My dream stroller is the phil and teds sport. I really wanted an all black stroller, and I have found all over our previous double strollers a pain to use, hoping this would be my dream double. Im just wondering if I could use the phil and teds for my 3 year old and 4 year old. I know it says use only to age 4. My kids are 31 and 34 pounds. Wondering if Phil and teds would be big enough for a 3,4 year old. Right now I have them both sitting in a single stroller. Most of the time with no problem. I want this to be the mall, everday, museum stroller. Any opinions appreciated.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
How about a black joovy caboose ultralight?
I hope someone chimes in on the phil n teds, but I'm thinking you might be kind of past the window where it's really practical for the money (I could be wrong, don't quote me!)

:)

skipspin

Well, I use the P&Ts for my 39 lb 4 yr old.

I have a 5 month old as well, but I would use it just for the 4 yr old too. Although if I wanted just a single I probably would have gotten the BJCS, I like being able to have a double. I know that DD will be riding less and less, but since it's the size of a single I don't mind if she walks. I took it on a week long trip withouth DD just for DS I like it so much.

She's really too heavy to ride in the 2nd seat when it's on the back, although as long as DS is in the front it doesn't tip. She likes the back a lot. She's still within the limit (48 lbs I think) to ride in the main seat or the 2nd seat in infant/toddler mode.

Id you want to be able to have two kids sit in full seats, but don't want a double because one may outgrow it I hightly recommend the Phil and Teds. (I have to e-3 model, which is the "old" sport.)

Peony

Lurking because I'm in a similar boat. 4.5y old, 33lb DD1 ALWAYS wants to ride in the stroller if I even think about putting DD2 into one. So the nice Maclaren Qwest I bought for DD2, always has a DD1 riding in it, with me lugging a DD2 everywhere, sigh. I've been eyeing the Phil and Ted but wondering if it was worth it since she is older....

carsafetynut

LOL. I dont know what I want. Im seriously thinking about getting a Maclaren Quest now. Is it a lot smaller than a full size stroller. I want to put a good amount of stuff in the basket. And I want a stroller that ds can sleep comfortably in. But I would love getting around easily in the mall. I dont think it will happen soon but we are ttc #3. So Im just thinking too far in advance that a Phil and Teds would be my last stroller. Ive already got plans for number 4....

If only choosing a good stroller were like choosing a carseat. Ive owned and hated so many strollers. Hated a few carseats. Bought a britax and done :)

Peony

I can pack that Qwest full of stuff. We just got back from a business trip of DH's that we tagged along on, we went to Houston and I did some serious shopping in the Galleria since the hotel was just across the street. :p Anyway, the basket is small, but it does extend underneath the entire stroller, it looks much smaller then it really is, but if you have several items you can place them just right and fills it up quite nicely. Of course if the basket is packed then the seat won't recline... I also had my diaper bag, and several more bags across the stroller handles. I had DD1 warn me when she wanted out of the stroller, and then I would just prop it up so it wouldn't tip over due to everything hanging off the handles. :eek:

I was quite pleased with how well the Qwest preformed on this trip. After 6 hours of shopping one day, DD1 still had room to ride in it, DD2 was in a sling, and it was getting harder to push one handed because of the sheer volume of goods packed into it, and hanging off of it. :whistle: I really, really like how small it folds up, it doesn't take up half of my trunk, I often forget it's back there, and actually really wonder if if I would be happy with a larger stroller that took up too much space.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC