Which one?

kirst

Ok so I just cant decide between the parway sg (sgl? Dont know the diffrence) and the graco safety surround and I need one now! If I get the parkway he wants the red if the graco he wants the orange and grey. What one would you get? Also any real life pics of them would be awsome since ive never seen a parkway or the orange graco besides the stock photos.

ADS

rachelandtyke

What is his height/weight/build?

My DD is small and slender and she was too narrow for the Parkway to fit properly, which I was sad about. I really wanted to like it. But the Graco fits her great!

Difference between Parkway SG and SGL is that the SGL can be LATCHed in.

Lenae

ETA: I type too slow, lol.

The difference between the Parkway SG and SGL is LATCH, hence the L. The SGL has lower anchors so you don't have to remember to buckle the seat in when your child isn't in it. The Safety Surround Turbo does not have a LATCH option. The Turbo tends to fit most children fairly well, it's a good all around seat. The Parkway has the SG which can help prevent submarining. There are definitely good points to both seats.

If it were me and I needed to order a seat without being able to try it first, I'd get the Turbo with Safety Surround.

I actually don't know which seat lasts longer height wise, so maybe someone else can chime in with that info.

Last edited:

kirst

He will be 8 in feb really skinny and around 48 to 50 lbs and is also on the shorter side. It will also be used by a five year old whos around 50 lbs and built bigger and is average to short. Sorry I dont have better measurement they arent my children the just ride with me often.

flutie128

I think the Parkway is taller than the Turbo. I also don't think the Parkway has a top tether at least mine doesn't. It does have the lower anchors though which I love since he doesn't have to remember to buckle his booster back in.

rachelandtyke

The Graco's top belt guide is 19.5-20 inches and it says the height max is 57 in. The Parkway's top belt guide is 21.5 inches and it says the height max is 63 inches.

littleangelfire

Parkway is a little taller, but only 1/2 to 1", so not a lot. I really like a booster that can be LATCHed, though. And for a 5yo I'd like to the secure guard clip.

I think the Parkway is taller than the Turbo. I also don't think the Parkway has a top tether at least mine doesn't. It does have the lower anchors though which I love since he doesn't have to remember to buckle his booster back in.

No, the Parkway doesn't have a top tether. No dedicated US/CAN boosters do.

firemomof3

I have the Parkway SGL and it sits in my garage because all my kids hate it :( I got it because I needed a tall booster but it doesn't fit my dd2 or ds because the seatbelt is placed way to close to the edge of the shoulder. I've tried the turbo with the safety surround and loved it! Another thought is the Recaro Probooster. It fits dd2 & ds perfectly and they love it. It fits perfectly in the bucket seat of my minivan BUT it is too tipsy to use in the 3rd row because the vehicle seats are too flat.
If you son is on the skinny & short side & depending on the shape of your vehicle seat I would choose either the probooster or turbo
I will take some pics at some point when its not in single digits here ;)

kirst

I like that the affix latches but I like tge depth of the headwings on the saftey surround. ive never looked a reacro (sp) so ill have to look that up although it will be on a bench seat and I dont want a tippy seat. If the parkways fit is questionable I may just go with the graco since a five yr old will be using it also. Thanks for all the help!

firemomof3

If its a flat bench definitely skip the recaro. If a 5y/o is going to be using the booster as well then that is even more reason to go with the turbo. You won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

kirst

I got the booster yesterday took it out of the box and there was a hole in the fabric :(. So no pics yet since I sent it back but should have another one around next wed!

kirst

It came! No holes this time but the cover sinks in on the top part of the head rest which annoys me but o well. I only have my dd as here to sit in it. Shes far to young at only 23mos but shes loving it in the living room.

Edit...sothe picture didnt work :( ill try agian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC