Where did the thread with all the different seat specs go?

bccrst

I need to direct my friend to an infant seat or convertable for her preemie, but can't remember off the top of my head which ones fit tiny noobs best. Help!

ETA: Never mind...she bought one already

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor

Thanks. :)

I'm pretty sure she was looking for the Canadian specific seat list that we used to have as a sticky thread in the forum. It was unstickied awhile ago - I'm thinking over a year ago now, for multiple reasons. One was that seats were changing very rapidly, so the list wasn't possible to keep up to date, and there were getting to be so many variations of weight limits even within the same model, that a reference list maintained as a sticky simply wasn't possible to do.

The other issue is that no matter how comprehensive a list may be, it isn't going to replace a family going in to a store and trying their kid in seats and the seat in their vehicle. A measuring tape to get torso length might give a vague idea, but is very subjective and most often inaccurate, so while a list can be a starting point, it can't be a decision maker. People were often turning to the list to make decisions on a seat without ever seeing it. I understand that this may be necessary in some rural areas, but it's not something I want to encourage on a routine basis - how a seat measures and how a kid fits are often very different, and different seats fit different kids differently.

These were probably the biggest reasons in removing the sticky and no longer maintaining the post. We also wanted to encourage people who were in areas without access to carseats to post for help vs. relying on a post that wouldn't say how a seat would fit in their vehicle or be able to answer other specific questions... I think that overall, parents are better served by being able to ask specific questions and get advice specific to them. The stats of a seat may look great on paper, but when the rest of the equation isn't known, it's not going to give the whole story as to whether any given seat might be appropriate for a child.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC