Tech class questions

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Just a couple questions I've come up with!

Does the current curriculum teach ERF and EH?

Do you automatically get a LATCH manual?

Does the curriculum teach 4 and 40 for a booster?

What do I do if my teacher isn't for ERH and EH, especially at the check?

At the check, does the teacher come behind you and recheck the seats?

Thanks---that's it for now...more to come I'm sure!

Susan

ADS

crunchierthanthou

Does the current curriculum teach ERF and EH? ERF- yes, to the limits of the seat. EH- not really. All HWH seats in my class were called special needs and summarily dismissed.

Do you automatically get a LATCH manual? not in my experience

Does the curriculum teach 4 and 40 for a booster? yes, it wasn't really stressed, though. It may be dependent on your local laws.

What do I do if my teacher isn't for ERH and EH, especially at the check? even if the instructor is for it, all you can do is educate the parents.

At the check, does the teacher come behind you and recheck the seats? Yes, it will be checked by the instructor or a Sr checker.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
So if they don't give you a LATCH manual...how does one become an owner of such?

If my BFF can make it, I'm going to try to get her to bring her daughter to the check---she's almost 15 months now and 20 pounds, RF and RF tethered in a MA. I'm sure that will freak folks out around here. Britax seats are pretty rare in these parts so to be ERF and tethered---might be too much to handle!

Susan

CRS

Senior Community Member
Does the current curriculum teach ERF and EH? It somewhat does. Goes on about RF to the limits of the seat etc EH isn't discussed SOOOOO much but it is mentioned and they were never referred to as "special needs" seats when I sat the course, nor are they referred to as special needs seats in the technician manual.

Do you automatically get a LATCH manual? No, you have to pay for that.

Does the curriculum teach 4 and 40 for a booster? That's a good question, I can't remember! LOL. Just remember a huge emphasis on harnessing until you can't anymore. You know, every step in advancement is a step down in protection etc etc was really focussed on "best practice"

What do I do if my teacher isn't for ERF and EH, especially at the check? I guess there isn't really much you can do apart from run it by/mention it to the parent in a non pushy way

At the check, does the teacher come behind you and recheck the seats? Yes, we installed the seat and talked to the parent and every now and then the instructor(s) would have a look at what you're doing. And before the parent could leave, you had to go to the senior checker and have them sign off.

I think a lot of the emphasis on ERF and EH comes from whether or not the instructor(s) are passionate about the same thing, whether it's in the curriculum or not.

waterbaby

Does one have to be certified to get a LATCH manual? I printed off the order form, because I'm *registered* for a class, but it asks for a tech number.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC