News Britax G3 seat recall affecting Boulevard, Pavillion, and Advocate

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
http://www.britaxconvertiblerecall.com/

It's not up on the TC website yet but is on the Britax site. Affects seats manufactured between June 1, 2012 and August 31, 2012.

Note that this recall does not affect the performance of the seat in a collision and they're safe to keep using until the recall kit is received.

The notice has this quote:
If consumers have not yet received their remedy kit and have concerns that their child may bite the HUGS pads, the HUGS pads can be removed and the car seat can be safely used until replacement pads are received. As always, please ensure that proper harness tensioning is achieved. For any questions, contact our Customer Service Department at 1-888-427-4829.

I would suggest that anyone with a ff'ing child comfirm that prior to removing the pads since the manual indicates they are required ff'ing and optional rf'ing.

ADS

swtgi1982

NHTSA has it already, I got the email from them abut 6am this morning. This kinda bothers me, my older hugs from Jan 2012 on my G2 Marathon have done the same thing, wierd, but my kiddo is RF still so I just took them off.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The safecell hugs are very different from the original hugs. They are thicker and have a white kind of foamy-plastic in the center. (Not sure exactly how to describe it... I've only seen it because I've seen a broken one.)

I can see how they might break easier than the old style. Most things can be broken if a baby chews on them for long enough on a regular enough basis. I think this is just a case that this style was a lot more susceptible to quickly breaking down... Or maybe the safecell HUGS being thicker made them easier for babies to chew on?

Or who knows... maybe the way they are attached for better positioning means that more kids have them up higher than where caregivers were keeping the old HUGS on average and this is a problem we would've seen more often with them too if everyone was keeping them at the right height?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC