Peg Perego primo viaggio sip 5-70 Fit issues

After much obsessing, I ordered and received the Peg Perego Convertible. I am having some issues getting a proper fit on my daughter in the seat. I plan to schedule installation check with a CPS next week, but with the new, corrected manual, it sounds very simple with LATCH.

My daughter is 6 months and very tall, about 18.5 lbs, size 6-12 months onesies (I will have height Tuesday) and in her Cybex Aton seat (which has a height limit of 30 inches), the top of her head is 2 inches from the top of the shell

1)With the infant pillow (required by the manual until 22 pounds), I need to raise the headrest/shoulder strap level to the second or third position to have the straps be just below her shoulders. Without the insert, she would be able to use the first position. 2)I changed the crotch belt to the nearest position as indicated by the manual. The crotch belt does not fit well in this position through the crotch belt cover. When I buckle the harness, the cover bunches and the buckle is in position halfway up my daughter's pelvis (between her legs), rather than across her hips. Removing the infant pillow and leaving the crotch belt/buckle out of its cover improves this. My daughter also wears cloth diapers, which adds a little bulk to her bottom, but we are in Florida, so no bulky winter clothing, etc. I have not installed the seat in my car, and continue to use her Aton.

Currently, I am uncomfortable with the fit, but feel as if it may be related to the requirement for the infant cushion and crotch strap until a higher weight. My husband and I are both quite tall (5'11" and 6'4") and I expect our daughter to be tall and average to slim, so I really, really want your seat to work for her with its wonderful safety features and higher rear-facing weight and height limits.

I read a thread with similar issues, and really, without the buckle cover and infant pad, she seems to fit fairly well to me, but don't want to use it that way unless I know it is safe.

ADS
I just got off the phone with Peg Perego customer service. They said that they have just completed testing without the insert and in both buckle positions, and it is safe to use without the insert. It is also okay to use the buckle without the cover.

With these changes, the seat is a great fit!

The new manual is the one that came with the seat, but it has been corrected from the mistakes mentioned in the review I read on the site here. Customer service was very helpful, maybe they would send you a new one?

jordansmom

The new manual is the one that came with the seat, but it has been corrected from the mistakes mentioned in the review I read on the site here. Customer service was very helpful, maybe they would send you a new one?

Do you know the DOM of your seat? I'm wondering when updated manuals went out with seats...you would think they'd automatically send them to registered owners!

I don't have my seat available just now, but know it was out of stock and then shipped directly from manufacturer, so likely very recent. I can check in the next few days if you'd like. Do you recall where it is printed? I should know, as many times as I've just read the manual.

Last edited:

jordansmom

I don't have my seat available just now, but know it was out of stock and then shipped directly from manufacturer, so likely very recent. I can check in the next few ads if you'd like. Do you recall where it is printed? I should know, as many times as I've just read the manual.

No worries! I will call customer service this week and request a new manual. Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC