In Search Of Iso: ipad

Chely7425

I'm ISO an iPad... Doesn't need to have 3G. We would like to get one for favis for therapy purposes since his therapists have said it would be really beneficial to him

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
My brother might be selling his 1st generation 16gb iPad in excellent shape. I'll text him!

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Yes, he is selling. What do you think would be fair?

It would come with a cover, the charger, and there's a screen protector on it. He has used it very minimally.

Chely7425

Yes, he is selling. What do you think would be fair?

It would come with a cover, the charger, and there's a screen protector on it. He has used it very minimally.

How long do you think the 1st gen will be viable for as far as updating and using apps and everything?

ahgirls

Trying applying for Danny's Wish. We weren't accepted. Also once R allows me on the desktop. I will give you another place to apply. This one is only for military families. You might have better luck with that one. I have been looking for too. I want my phone back.

Chely7425

Trying applying for Danny's Wish. We weren't accepted. Also once R allows me on the desktop. I will give you another place to apply. This one is only for military families. You might have better luck with that one. I have been looking for too. I want my phone back.

Ok!!

njkj

A friend of mine is selling a first Gen iPad that is brand new (she bought it because our Dh's weren't allowed to take things with cameras underway and then they changed their minds last min and said they could :mad: ) with screen protector and case for $400.

Cryssy Jane

I have a 32gb 1st gen as well. As far as apps most are still golden but some are already requiring camera usage. I know handwriting without tears ( a program I LOVE) requires a camera so I can't download it on my 1st gen. I've got lots of flash card apps, games and stories on there now that the kids love. 2 cases, a hard case and an apple soft case, as well as ghost armour on the front.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Chely7425 said:
How long do you think the 1st gen will be viable for as far as updating and using apps and everything?

The 1st gen iPad cannot be updated to iOS 6. So if there are iOS 6 features you think you'd use (like not having to enter your password to update apps is one I'd kill for on my 1st gen iPad!), you'd be out of luck.

--Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Chely7425

A friend of mine is selling a first Gen iPad that is brand new (she bought it because our Dh's weren't allowed to take things with cameras underway and then they changed their minds last min and said they could :mad: ) with screen protector and case for $400.

A refurb 3rd gen is 379

I have a 32gb 1st gen as well. As far as apps most are still golden but some are already requiring camera usage. I know handwriting without tears ( a program I LOVE) requires a camera so I can't download it on my 1st gen. I've got lots of flash card apps, games and stories on there now that the kids love. 2 cases, a hard case and an apple soft case, as well as ghost armour on the front.

Good to know.. it's just for Favis though :) I don't think he cares about hand writing :p

The 1st gen iPad cannot be updated to iOS 6. So if there are iOS 6 features you think you'd use (like not having to enter your password to update apps is one I'd kill for on my 1st gen iPad!), you'd be out of luck.

If it was for me (and when I get one) I would care but it is just for Favis... and he is 2 :p

kathysr98

TechnoGranola said:

I believe there are some features built into iOS 6 that are designed for children & disabled adults. I didn't pay that part much attention, but you may want to look into it before you buy.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Chely7425 said:
If it was for me (and when I get one) I would care but it is just for Favis... and he is 2 :p

I was answering your question about update viability. The 1st gen iPad is a legacy device as it cannot be updated to the current version of iOS nor can it be updated when iOS 6.x is released or iOS 7, etc. In addition to iOS 6 having several new features you may or may not care about, if a developer writes an app that only works with iOS 6, you will not be able to use it on a 1st gen iPad. Or if an app update makes it crash or is buggy in iOS 5, the developer may not be inclined to fix it if his user base is mostly iOS 6+ devices.

One other feature you may also find useful is the Guided Access where you can lock out an area of the screen or prevent Favis from leaving a particular app. http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/19/ios-6-feature-guided-access-also-for-kids-and-kiosks/

I'm not sure if Siri would be useful for Favis' therapy - she can read out text and also open apps and do other things by voice - but she's not available on a 1st gen iPad.

I'm not telling you to get a currently supported iPad. I'm just suggesting you should investigate all the changes to iOS 6 to see if any would be useful to you and Favis. And decide whether or not you'll be disappointed if there are apps useful to Favis that you can't install or are buggy/crashy on the older OS.

kalamos23

Try cowboom.com. it is Best Buys returns company and they have an automatic 30 day money back guarantee on them and will pay for shipping back as well. You can also buy a further 1 year warranty. They have first gens for 220 iirc. We got one from there and it came in the box pristine. Just look for one with the most accessories, those are the least used ones, ime.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

kalamos23

They also have newer gen ones, but the refurb 3rd gen from apple is your best bet pricewise if you want newer. That is a killer deal.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC