Car Seat Confession :o

StillThankful

I'm not into self degradation but I do poke fun at myself so here it goes.

Eventhough I've been a member on here for a long time, I SUCK at car seat placement recommendations.

It reminds me of the LSAT logic game questions!!

I'm in confused mode when I started reading posts like this:

"Hi there, I have 4 kids and drive ______ van. I also have _____ who I pick up from now and then. My kids are _____ ages and one is in a booster. A and B cannot sit by each other because they fight. I have C and D rearfacing. The middle 3rd row doesn't have a headreast.. etc..."
I start getting so confused and give up. If anyone knows about the LSAT logic games, you will totally get this. Those questions are very similar--
ABCDEFG have a class to attend. A and B have to sit in consecutive order, F has to be before A but can't sit next to E. E has to be last. G must go before D, etc...​

I am amazed that some of you are great at recommending seat placements--I scratch my head in awe of you guys. Keep up the good work! If it weren't for you guys, where would these kids be placed! lol

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I suck too. I am better IN the car. FFing radian can not sit by RFing radian, due to kicking. Well, RFing radian can't sit next to anyone due to kicking. Go! Yeah, I can handle that IN PERSON.

hrice

Judi said:
I suck too. I am better IN the car. FFing radian can not sit by RFing radian, due to kicking. Well, RFing radian can't sit next to anyone due to kicking. Go! Yeah, I can handle that IN PERSON.

Give yourself some credit. You helped me with my Civic 3 across. I had no idea how well the Myride and Radian puzzled RF until you told me.

Brianna

I don't even read those threads anymore :eek:

I'm not a tech so I don't have hands on experience with seats and what will puzzle together.

I'm glad there are enough people here to handle those threads!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Give yourself some credit. You helped me with my Civic 3 across. I had no idea how well the Myride and Radian puzzled RF until you told me.

Well thanks. :) I still think I failed at your car, or maybe your car failed me....

amelia222

I love those logic problems! When I was a kid I would do books full of them.

As for threads like that I don't often answer since you guys have so many more seats than we to op here and I'm not familiar enough with most vehicles to be helpful.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

jnamommy

Yep, I never even attempt to answer posts like those. I am familiar with MY seats and MY vehicles, but don't get a chance to play with other seats. So I usually feel totally lost and clueless with those questions.

Last edited:

careynj

When I was trying to figure out the set up for my bother's van which includes 5 seats I wrote all the kids names on little squares of paper and drew the van set up and tried out the diffferent options lol

StillThankful

When I was trying to figure out the set up for my bother's van which includes 5 seats I wrote all the kids names on little squares of paper and drew the van set up and tried out the diffferent options lol

Good idea!! :thumbsup:

BTW, glad I'm not alone in this:):p

careynj

That idea came after HOURS in the van, I finally figured there had to be a better way! There are definite "this kid can't be beside this kid" issues lol

scariestone

I don't even read those threads anymore :eek:

:yeahthat: I know I'll have nothing useful to add so I don't even read. The one exception would be people asking specifically about subarus and their weirdo belt geometry or dainty middle seat. Those I've dealt with so I can sometimes contribute. Logic problems hurt my brain and always have. I've never been able to do them for some reason. I'm a total right brain. :eek: Awesome at languages, horrid at math.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't think *most* people are good at arranging those type of setups! I know I posted several times for help with my Pilot and got few or no responses. I try to go out of my way to answer those threads when I see them, because I know firsthand the trials that they entail. I have a good amount of experience with those challenges, plus I love logic puzzles, and they STILL don't always go well! Sometimes there is no good or "correct" answer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC