think I'm loving the mazda5...any thoughts? is it the right fit for me?

D&L's-mommy

My husband is going to buy me a vehicle after the holidays :), so I've been doing a lot of research. First I thought I wanted the volvo xc90, but for my budget I'd have to get an older one with high miles, then I thought I wanted a Honda Odyssey, but after thinking about it I think it 's more vehicle then I need.
I'm kind of really loving the MAZDA5

here's my situation:
-2 kids (ages 8 1/2 in a vivo) 4 (in a harnessed nautilus)
I'm going to be baby sitting my niece starting in January (she's expected -to arrive early Dec.) so she'll be rf (in my car at least) as long as possible, but her seat doesn't need to be installed permanently, and will be removed for family trips
-I have a grown brother that goes on trips with us a lot
-want the best fuel economy possible (don't we all?)
-I'm only 5'3" so I enjoy driving a van or SUV (since they sit higher)
-Doesn't need tons of bells and whistles, but must be very safe and dependable
-looking to spend up to $16,000

I'm loving the MAZDA5 because:
-my kids can sit 2nd row full time
-If I have my niece my 8 year old can easily sit 3rd row, with niece in the 2nd row, same set up if my brother is with us (since I know he may not be comfy in the smallish 3rd row)
-better fuel economy than most vans or SUVs
-easy access to 3rd row
-Top tethers at all 4 rear seats
-can get a 2012 with decent miles for my budget
-not as large as a mini van

I haven't gone to look at any vehicles yet, so that may change my mind. Any other vehicles I should consider?
thanks!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC