non compliant seats.

alake

Who do you contact? I found one for sale at Sears on Monday. Evenflo with z handle. I have been home in Canada for a funeral.

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Health Canada. Though if you're in Edmonton and it was the West Edmonton Mall store, feel free to email me and I'll email them a f/u about my original complaint.

Looks like Sears needs a big fine... Nearly a year later and they're still selling non-compliant seats? Ridiculous...

alake

Health Canada. Though if you're in Edmonton and it was the West Edmonton Mall store, feel free to email me and I'll email them a f/u about my original complaint.

Looks like Sears needs a big fine... Nearly a year later and they're still selling non-compliant seats? Ridiculous...

No it was in Lloydminster.

V

VanIsleMommy

this is totally unacceptable. they were given 2 years warning, then health canada was reported to (NUMEROUS TIMES) and head office even ACKNOWLEDGED the noncompliant seats and claimed to remove them from the website and shelves, so it's not like they're unaware. Now they're selling 2 year old illegal stock? ridiculous.

I for one refuse to buy any car seat or child product from sears after this.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
this is totally unacceptable. they were given 2 years warning, then health canada was reported to (NUMEROUS TIMES) and head office even ACKNOWLEDGED the noncompliant seats and claimed to remove them from the website and shelves, so it's not like they're unaware. Now they're selling 2 year old illegal stock? ridiculous.

I for one refuse to buy any car seat or child product from sears after this.

Yep. I know that many of them are franchise owned, but it's still no excuse. I don't trust them to not be selling other recalled products seeing as I know they're still selling this product. Are they also selling recalled cribs and high chairs?

I also have no issue telling parents at work to be careful shopping at sears because they sell non-compliant stock. In today's economy, one would think they'd be a little more careful about keeping their customers and selling LEGAL product...

alake

My best friends grandma before she got very ill a couple of years ago used to be the baby and kids section manager. If it was still her I would have simply talked to her, and took the information about it. It wasn't a display item. It was a box with a travel system. It was normally $250 and was marked at $175.

I've made a habit of checking EVERY seat I see in a store for compliance. I haven't yet found anything non-compliant, besides in local thrift stores (who has been notified, reported, etc as necessary). I always just assume that the big box stores are good about those things!
I know Zellers was doing it at one point, so I haven't recommended them for a while... Looks like Sears is off my list as well!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC