Chicco Keyfit 30 fits in which sedans?

J

JumpAroundBucky

Hello! My husband and I are expecting our first in February, and I am trading in my tiny convertible for something that will actually fit a car seat. I am not looking for a very large car (We are only planning on having two kids, relatively far apart). A sedan or hatchback would be ideal. I about about $12,000-15,000 to spend.

The car seat we are getting is the Chicco Keyfit 30. We don't have it yet (it is being gifted to us for Christmas), so we can't take it with us to car shop. If you have this car seat, what vehicles does it fit in comfortably? DH and I are both between 5'8" and 5'10".

Thank yoU!

ADS

oliviacw

The Chicco Keyfit is a great seat (I loved mine) and also pretty easy to fit in any reasonably sized vehicle. It fit very well in my 1995 Honda Accord (smaller than the current models), and also in a range of rental vehicles (we traveled quite a bit during my daughters first year). I'm fond of Honda vehicles myself, but Hyundai also has some nice cars these days.

Champ1123

I can't imagine having a problem fitting the keyfit30 in any sedan. Do you need to sit with the front seats all the way back? That is the only issue I could see.

Our keyfit30 fits with no problem in my husband's 2012 Chevy Cruze

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
I've never had it be an issue, if it's in the center. In some sedans it's a tight fit behind the driver/passenger, but that's pretty typical for RFing seats. It's an easy install with belt or LATCH.

nicolelequire

Honda Civic! I have a honda civic and our key fit, fits perfect even if the seat is almost all the way back. The seat cannot be all the way back though. That being said, when buying a car think of the future! The infant/bucket seats fit pretty much anywhere, but soon as baby gets bigger, convertible car seats wont always fit! So also think of what seat you would want next!

Aurezalia

It's going to fit in pretty much anything. I had it in a 4-door 2002 Hyundai Elantra and I had *TWO* of them in a 2-door Honda Civic. No problems at all. :)

rosey2007

Aurezalia said:
It's going to fit in pretty much anything. I had it in a 4-door 2002 Hyundai Elantra and I had *TWO* of them in a 2-door Honda Civic. No problems at all. :)

I installed a keyfit in a 07 elantra and it was way easy. I had 2 elantras an 01 and 07 and really liked both of them.

Mercuria

I have a 4-door '12 VW GTI (same body as the Golf), and there's more room left in it than in our 4Runner once installed.

Jillian

Fits in a 05 Corolla but you won't fit in front of it. I'm also 5'8 and often rode in the back seat because i couldn't fit in the passenger seat when the keyfit was behind it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC