Got my s4m70 today...

lovemybabies924

I like it, but waiting to see the target fabric irl so I know what one I want lol. I am bummed it takes up more front to back than my blvd 70. The headrest extended rf intrudes the passengers head area when I have the captains chair moved center and in the position I like so I had to adjust. Baby girl is 23lbs 20m and the boy is 5 years 1 month

Last edited:
ADS

ericarizo

Great pics. I also think you are supposed to have the PS in the upmost position so that may give you some room. I know noone likes their seat like that but I remember someone saying that how they are supposed to be.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ericarizo said:
She has the passenger seat reclined a few clicks. When she put it in the most upright position(which is what I was told seats are supposed to be) then she had more room.

For her vehicle model you were told this? If so, what model does she have? Or the S4Me requires seats to be upright?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I would guess Erica is referring to the fact that adult passengers often ride with their seatbacks fairly reclined, when they would be safer sitting more upright. Even a couple of clicks would give the S4M plenty of room :)

To whomever asked, yes, the head pillow is removable. My gang seems to like it, though. :shrugshoulders:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh! PS = passenger seat! I thought she was referring to some feature of the Size4Me. I've never seen "passenger seat" abbreviated before.

ericarizo

Carrie_R said:
I would guess Erica is referring to the fact that adult passengers often ride with their seatbacks fairly reclined, when they would be safer sitting more upright. Even a couple of clicks would give the S4M plenty of room :)

To whomever asked, yes, the head pillow is removable. My gang seems to like it, though. :shrugshoulders:

This is exactly right. I was told by a senior tech that it is safer to have the seat fully upright as opposed to being reclined in ANY vehicle. I don't know if her van specifies otherwise. She has a Honda Odyssey. Both my manuals state this. I have a Grand Caravan and Ford Taurus.

ericarizo

LISmama810 said:
Oh! PS = passenger seat! I thought she was referring to some feature of the Size4Me. I've never seen "passenger seat" abbreviated before.

Sorry to lazy to type it out after autocorrect changed it 3 times. Lol

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
ericarizo said:
This is exactly right. I was told by a senior tech that it is safer to have the seat fully upright as opposed to being reclined in ANY vehicle. I don't know if her van specifies otherwise. She has a Honda Odyssey. Both my manuals state this. I have a Grand Caravan and Ford Taurus.

For a cat seat install too? Should she be making generalizations? My manual doesn't specify how the seat should be reclined and in fact, there are a few seats I've installed that the seat will be installed against the car seat's instructions if I left the vehicle seat completely upright (gap in wrong places, gap in general, seat bottom won't sit flat, etc). And reclining my vehicle seat doesn't necessarily recline the car seat due to how my seats are shaped and how the car seat sits on the vehicle seat.

canadiangie

For a cat seat install too? Should she be making generalizations? My manual doesn't specify how the seat should be reclined and in fact, there are a few seats I've installed that the seat will be installed against the car seat's instructions if I left the vehicle seat completely upright (gap in wrong places, gap in general, seat bottom won't sit flat, etc). And reclining my vehicle seat doesn't necessarily recline the car seat due to how my seats are shaped and how the car seat sits on the vehicle seat.

She's talking about the front seat/s.

More upright is safer, but I haven't seen any manual say that bolt upright is mandatory.

ericarizo

Sorry I meant the front passenger seat. She has it reclined but when she put it upright it gave her more room.

lovemybabies924

Update.... Had to use it today cuz blvd was washing.... Do not buy for a ff child! Lol my 5 year old is tiny and the crotch strap is digging into his chicken legs and hurting boy parts

xursusmaritimusx

lovemybabies924 said:
Update.... Had to use it today cuz blvd was washing.... Do not buy for a ff child! Lol my 5 year old is tiny and the crotch strap is digging into his chicken legs and hurting boy parts

Lol
Why did graco do this??????????

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC