BOB Revolution vs City Elite

cookie123

Will either of these fit in the back of an older, rounded body style, Sienna - maybe 2003?

We went on a road trip to Buy Buy Baby to look at both, but I drove, so we didn't have her van.
She loves the fold on the Elite and the wheels seem smaller. Both strollers seems to have easy to remove wheels though. She liked something else about the Elite, I can't recall what not.

Too bad DH called me yesterday about the screaming deal he could get right now on the BOB. Still, he's checking what the price difference would be.

ADS

msg221

I would think so. DH's niece had a single BOB Revolution that fit in the back of her Mercedes SUV, which was pretty small. I am sure a Sienna would be plenty big enough. My brother has a 2004 (not sure if it is the same body style), but he has plenty of cargo room back there.

Jennifer mom to my 7

2004 I think was the 1st? redesign. Does she have the well back there, or is it flat?

If she is going to run with it, then go for the bob, or the baby jogger xc. The city elite is NOT for jogging (hence the smaller rear wheels).

trunk8.jpg

This is the back of my 05 8 passenger. If hers is like this, she will have no issue.

From what I have googled, a single bob MIGHT fit in the back of an 03, but I can't be certain. With the wheels off, probably. Would she be able to have one seat in the back down or removed? Or will she be full up with kids?

cookie123

I can't remember what it looks like. I really need to ask her and remember the year. She will have 4 kids, so pretty full.

Really the city elite isn't for jogging? I'll look at the xc.

V

VanIsleMommy

they really don't compare to each other.. they both do different things very well. the city elite has 4 wheels for stability, rear or forward or add-on seats, it can go on gravel or trails but it's not for jogging. the bob is for jogging, outdoors, but small enough to be functional in the malls etc.

it really depends what you want to use it for.

Kaitsmom

I love my City Elite, the push is wonderful, we do alot of walking but I dont jog. It is kind of big folded but I havent had any issues fitting it in places. Its not for jogging, but its one of the nicest 3 wheel strollers I tried, I didnt try a BOB. Even my husband, who thought I was crazy to spend the money, really likes it.

cookie123

they really don't compare to each other.. they both do different things very well. the city elite has 4 wheels for stability, rear or forward or add-on seats, it can go on gravel or trails but it's not for jogging. the bob is for jogging, outdoors, but small enough to be functional in the malls etc.

it really depends what you want to use it for.

I thought we were looking at the elite. It had only 3 wheels.
DD jogs.

Last edited:

Dorothy

I thought the City Select had four wheels and a second seat, while the City Elite was three-wheeled...

ETA: So, as a pp said, your DD would need either the Rev or Summit XC if she jogs. The Elite is not intended for jogging.

Sent from my phone using the app :)

Jennifer mom to my 7

Right. Elite is for busy, bumpy, city streets.

Now, if she isn't due until March (like your siggie says, Peg), then you could all look at something that is infant friendly, like with bassinet, reversible seat, carseat compatible for those quick errands...

Since, if she is due in March, she isn't going to be running with a baby for at least a year, if not 18 months. Or, you could baby sit when she runs ;)

I picked up a baby jogger Q series just for my running/walking on the trail for miles off cl for 100 bucks. Worth every penny. And you can't beat that baby jogger fold!

cookie123

Yeah, she loves the baby Jogger fold. I know she won't be running for awhile with the baby. She will be off roading for the other kids' soccer games, base ball games and other outdoor activities. I don't think it will be nice enough here while the baby is still tiny to get enough use of the bassinette. I guess it depends on what kind of spring we have. And there will be no other babies for her. And there's the fact that we can get those 2 through Dh's work at cost or whatever. Actually there's a sale on the Bob right now - I think DH said it would be $250.

Do you have other suggestions? I'm off to work now. I'll catch up later when I get home. Thanks!

V

VanIsleMommy

I would cross the bob off the list then, if she's looking mainly for a city stroller. I haven't seen it in person but I like the city versa too but it may be too big. what about the city mini? think unless you're doing major terrain, any stroller with pneumatic or air tires will be fine. I personally despise all plastic wheels lol...

or the phil and teds? those are quite small.

I refuse to recommend any quinny or maxi cosi stroller based on the fact that they have horrible customer service and warranty policies... my own experience with them was maddening.

Jennifer mom to my 7

If you read the whole thread, and other threads, Peg's dd does run/jog. She isn't looking for a city stroller. I just said that that is what the city elite is. I think she really wants a bob, or maybe a baby jogger xc... I think that might take a bassinet ;) And march to August is fab for bassinet usage :love:

V

VanIsleMommy

once again, sleep deprivation :rolleyes:

ignore what i said then... if she jogs, get a bob.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC