Question Graco/s4m question and pics

HaileysMommy

**TAKE 3** Graco/s4m question and pics

The manual states the ball HAS to be in the green but this is how the seat installs in my center seat. But is it ok more upright for my 3year old? And if not where exactly do I put the noodles since there is a huge gap between the seat and base.

View attachment 17920

View attachment 17921
Seat all the way back. I would have plenty of room to recline seat more. The space is huge. This pic doesn't do justice.
View attachment 17922

..........updated pics.......

Here it is with noodles. Took a lot of heft to get it squished down to JUST in the green. It looks so ridiculously reclined for a 3 year old :(
View attachment 17932
Still a good amount of room between my seats. Head rest fully extended.
View attachment 17933

.......take 3.......

It is still such a crazy recline for a 3 year old. GAH!
228472_192815207517117_295213437_n.jpg

526157_192815130850458_1984768402_n.jpg

Just to show space with the seat all the way back. That is one of the larger pool noodles.
419210_192815317517106_735914470_n.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

2angels2love

Did you put her in the seat to see if it moved the ball at all?

ETA: I'm not sure if that will make a difference at all, but it might :)

Amy7707

I would try to put something under the seat to make it recline a little more. Maybe a towel will work because of the huge gap?

I was able to use a pool noodle under mine because it was just enough with how my seats are shaped. I also use the recline block I have from combi since it is nice and flat and easier to work with than a noodle.

So far, I love this seat too! It gives so much more room for the front seats and works well/puzzles with the front headrest nicely when the car seat's headrest is raised. The slide by each other perfectly without touching.

Kat_Momof3

okay... what I would do is uninstall, place your noodles (I'd use TWO... tape them together... that will make sure that the base gets on at least one... and that it's in the bight of the seat for support)... when you place the seat, tilt the foot end up and position the foot end of the base as close to the vehicle seat back as possible, without overreclining or causing installation issues. Then install it.

That should solve the problem.

HaileysMommy

Kat_Momof3 said:
okay... what I would do is uninstall, place your noodles (I'd use TWO... tape them together... that will make sure that the base gets on at least one... and that it's in the bight of the seat for support)... when you place the seat, tilt the foot end up and position the foot end of the base as close to the vehicle seat back as possible, without overreclining or causing installation issues. Then install it.

That should solve the problem.

Yes!!!! I was trying to imagine taping 5-6 noodles together or something!!! I will reinstall later and get new pics up!

HaileysMommy

2angels2love said:
Did you put her in the seat to see if it moved the ball at all?

ETA: I'm not sure if that will make a difference at all, but it might :)

No I haven't had DD to put her in the seat. I did push down on it and I don't think her weight will push it back enough.

Brianna

For an older child I'd have it as upright as possible while still in the green. Graco has never said that they allow the ball out of the green for any age range, so I doubt they would now. Can you get it a little more upright?

HaileysMommy

Brianna said:
For an older child I'd have it as upright as possible while still in the green. Graco has never said that they allow the ball out of the green for any age range, so I doubt they would now. Can you get it a little more upright?

I may be able to with a little help. That was as upright as I could get it. It won't go much more upright with the ball still in the green. Ugh...this doesn't make me happy. I didnt think about that stupid ball when I got the seat.

Brianna

Yeah that still is pretty reclined... I wonder if it's identical to the recline on the MR. Let us know if it bothers your DD.

Kat_Momof3

it doesn't look TOO reclined to me... remember the side wings of seats always make them look more reclined than they are. I think that ball varies from 45* (when the ball is in the middle) to OVERRECLINED (the other end of the green) and about 35* where you have it now, which is the most upright most manufacturers seem to be okay with for their "toddler" reclines.

HaileysMommy

chimpmandee said:
I'm watching this thread with interest. The seat looks absolutely enormous in your car!

It's not enormous. That passenger seat is all the way back. The headrest goes ridiculously high but when it's lowered it doesn't look so crazy.

HaileysMommy

Kat_Momof3 said:
it doesn't look TOO reclined to me... remember the side wings of seats always make them look more reclined than they are. I think that ball varies from 45* (when the ball is in the middle) to OVERRECLINED (the other end of the green) and about 35* where you have it now, which is the most upright most manufacturers seem to be okay with for their "toddler" reclines.

Yeah it's not TOO reclined but I'm used to a more upright install. I will see DD tomorrow or Sat and I'll see how she likes it and post pics with her in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC