Peg Perego Viaggio 5-70 Convertible Size Question

Johnuf78

Does anyone have a Viaggio Convertible that can measure the distance from where the car seat touches the seat back in rear facing to the opposite end? Basically how much space do I need to rear face. I'm also considering the Foonf but after seeing some the pictures of it being installed it looks way to big and looks like it would block my rear view. Thanks for all the help.

ADS

Johnuf78

Thanks for the link... I'd still hope someone can give me a measurement number. No one in my area carries the Viaggio in their stores so I can't try it out in my car. I could always go the Amazon route and return it if it doesn't fit but I'd rather have a general idea if it will fit or not before ordering from them. Currently we have a Chicco KeyFit 30 and that's already pushing the limit on space. My wife has long legs and she's had to move the seat up from where she likes it so the KeyFit 30 doesn't touch the back of her seat.

atw

Johnuf78 said:
Thanks for the link... I'd still hope someone can give me a measurement number. No one in my area carries the Viaggio in their stores so I can't try it out in my car. I could always go the Amazon route and return it if it doesn't fit but I'd rather have a general idea if it will fit or not before ordering from them. Currently we have a Chicco KeyFit 30 and that's already pushing the limit on space. My wife has long legs and she's had to move the seat up from where she likes it so the KeyFit 30 doesn't touch the back of her seat.

Most convertibles take up less room front to back because they can be installed more upright. Unfortunately, whether it will fit and how really depends on angle of installation and seat incline etc. I'd say if the Chicco fits, there is a good chance peg will. It's pretty compact front to back.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

CuddlyMonsters

What car do you drive? I have a 2011 Honda Odyssey and when it is installed into my car my husband can still drive with the seat all the way pushed back. The car seat comes close, but does not touch the seat of the driver.

I can get some measurements tomorrow as I currently have it taken apart for cleaning.

Most convertible car seats are installed at a more upright angle than a baby bucket or infant carrier such as the Chicco Keyfit.

7590244186_b89ef72fe3.jpg

The above picture will give you an idea of it installed in a 2011 Honda Odyssey on the jump seat, the drivers seat is pushed all the way back and my 3 year old who is 36lbs is in the seat as a model. The headrest is set to the 7th notch which is the highed setting you are allowed for RF.

LMK if there are in particular what measurements you want and I will try my best to get them.

Johnuf78

That would be great... thanks for all the help. We have an Acura RL and Acura ZDX.... not the greatest for rear legroom.

atw

Johnuf78 said:
That would be great... thanks for all the help. We have an Acura RL and Acura ZDX.... not the greatest for rear legroom.

I'm not 100% here, but I'd think you have plenty of room. Plenty of people here have larger seats in smaller Hondas. You might not find someone with your make/model/year, but I know I've seen plenty of threads about successful installs in Acuras-and not just the MDX ;)

If that's the seat for your family, considering I just read a radian fits in there, I really think you'll be just fine! But I bet cuddlymonsters will come through for you regardless. Although the measurements really are not a guarantee either way, sometimes things just puzzle and fit together.

Good luck!

CuddlyMonsters

So in my 2011 Honda Odyssey, when the seat is installed on the jump seat...

At the widest point it is about 28". I actually adjust the angle a little when installing it this time, I put a small receiving blanket to even out the recline of the seat a little...

Hope this information helps. If you need any measurements just let me know as I now have the seat installed into my car again. Like my 3 year old would tell you, car seat needed a "bubble bath". LoL! It is now clean again and in my car. The fabric actually washed up really nicely...

CuddlyMonsters

Well, I do know that the Peg takes up less front to back space than the Radian as we also own a Radian RXT and with it RF with and without the angle adjuster it takes up more space. I think because the shell on the Radian is taller maybe? The Peg in designed in such a way that the headrest sits inside the shell...

I just know that the Peg fits in our vehicle RF and the seats can be pushed all the way back to allow my 6"2' husband to drive or ride as a passenger. It also is simple to uninstall and install and I loved that about the Britax Marathon I use to own...

Johnuf78

Thanks... the rear door opening in the ZDX is on the narrow side because of how the door opening slopes downward towards the rear which is why I think the Foonf is pretty much out. I think they mentioned the Foonf only needs 26" without the rebound bar and seat more upright though. I told my wife when we have our second kid we'll probably both have to go to SUVs with a 3rd row. I still can't bring myself to drive a mini-van.

atw

Johnuf78 said:
Thanks... the rear door opening in the ZDX is on the narrow side because of how the door opening slopes downward towards the rear which is why I think the Foonf is pretty much out. I think they mentioned the Foonf only needs 26" without the rebound bar and seat more upright though. I told my wife when we have our second kid we'll probably both have to go to SUVs with a 3rd row. I still can't bring myself to drive a mini-van.

That's a lot of us! Let us know how the peg goes!

fyrfightermomma

I got ds this seat today. Much more room than our symphony e3 and lower too. He hasnt used it yet but I'll post pics tomorrow when he does and get measurements

JerseyGirl'sMama

I just measured my Peg in my Acura MDX. I have the seat outboard drivers side RFing with the headrest in the highest allowed position and got approx 28". I have the seat as upright as it is allowed as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC