Opinions, please, on seat placement

MAJ

My younger daughter's Advocate just came today and is installed outboard, rear-facing, behind the passenger seat of my Volvo XC90. Currently, my older daughter is harnessed in a Frontier 85 outboard behind driver's seat. Now that my younger daughter has the extra SICT cushions, while also being rear-facing, I feel like she's as safe as I can get her, while not having my older daughter in necessarily the safest arrangement. (I know that a properly installed car seat that fits the child is the most important thing, but I want to feel like I've done everything possible to keep them safe, so I want to "upgrade" my older daughter, as well. :p)

So, here are the 2 things I'm considering:

- ordering a Frontier 85 SICT and selling the other Frontier to offset the cost

OR

- taking the Radian XTSL that is currently in my husband's car and moving it to the center seat, right next to my younger daughter

I know that the center seat of the back is the safest place to ride, but I am a little concerned about the seats riding right next to each other. I realize it's necessary sometimes, but is it ideal? I don't think my girls will bother each other, but I don't want my older one to feel cramped so close to the big Advocate. Anyone have thoughts as to what they would do? Thanks in advance!

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Honestly, I wouldn't make any changes. It sounds to me like they're both snug and secure, and I am not at all convinced the SICT makes any real-world difference in safety.

kam1011

Honestly, I wouldn't make any changes. It sounds to me like they're both snug and secure, and I am not at all convinced the SICT makes any real-world difference in safety.

:yeahthatlove: It sounds like you've already done a great job of keeping them safe!

MAJ

Thanks for the replies! I know our current Frontier is a perfectly good seat, but I bought the Advocate since our Marathon was expiring soon and had to get a new seat... after seeing the crash tests of the Advocate, that sold me on the SICT. Now, I just feel like my older child deserves the SICT, too, if that makes sense. Don't want to feel like (even if not the case) one child is safer than the other. :(

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Center is a known safety difference, so I would probably go with the RN in the center if it will make you feel better. I do agree with the others that I wouldn't panic about it though :)

canadiangie

I would put the ff Radian in the middle, without hesitation. I'd take middle seating position over SICT anyday of the week. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC