New Booster seat radio spot

dd9736

On at least one Edmonton radio station there is a new booster seat radio ad that I like, it says that children under 9yrs or 80lbs not in a booster are 4times more likely to be injured in a crash.
Yay for more knowledge getting out there.

DH criticizes the commercial, but maybe by the time DS is old enough to be out of the harness there will be a booster law here and I won't have to worry so much.

ADS

canadianmom2three

Cool - have never heard or seen any booster/car seat ads here...there was one that caused me to perk up my ears, started out about taking the time to buckle your child in their car seat, but somehow morphed into information on autism, which is important and interesting too, but I was all geared up to finally hear a good car seat plug...

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
... but maybe by the time DS is old enough to be out of the harness there will be a booster law here and I won't have to worry so much.

There will be. :thumbsup:

We were told in our tech class there is one in the works and should be in place within 2 yrs. I'm not sure what stage it's in right now, but this ad makes me wonder if it's closer than I realized and might be passed in the fall session of the legislature? :confused:

And wonderful to hear about the ad. I haven't heard it yet, but I'll be excited when I hear it too. I think more people are starting to get the booster message though - at least those that I've spoken with and worked with seem to know... mind you, part of it could also be my talking to them about the next stage as being a booster when we're discussing when to move to next stage. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC