searching for mid size SUV

henrietta

Car pros--please give me some direction.

I need a newer vehicle. I'd like a small to midsize SUV (getting rid of a large mini van that is just too big for me to drive/park, although I like the space and passengers I can haul). I need to be able to fit 3 kids in the backseat when I want to, a large dog or two in the back (if a crate would fit, that would be a huge bonus for me!!), and be able to haul our little boat (16 ft ski boat). It's a major bonus for me if it has a third row that can pop up for kiddos when needed (doesn't have to be 3 seats, just 2 is fine).

Newer than 2002 and decent gas mileage.

I just spent a week driving my Mom's new-to-her Nissan Murano and was in love with the size of the vehicle for me to handle it, but can picture w/a large dog--the back is pretty high up and not large enough to hold a dog crate. That's a big down side for me for a day to day car.

I can manage driving a Ford Explorer/Mercury Mountaineer, but was hoping for b/t that size and the size of the Murano. I've been looking at other Murano's, Ford Freestyle, Chevy Equinox, Hyundai Sante Fe, Kia's, etc.

I'm sure a few of you here have a lot of experience and can send me in the right direction.

(ETA and carseats/boosters do matter, as I have near 4 yr old in a harnessed seat and near 7 yr old in a high back booster. I do not mind buying new seats to make them work w/whatever vehicle, b/c it's time to replace for one of our cars anyways--they're expiring)

Thank you!!!

henrietta

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC