Question Locking clip for Britax seat??

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
And I forgot to answer the question (duh) -- locking clips are universal. You can pick one up at most baby stores or baby departments of big box stores. I think most of the ones on the shelves are Graco, at least around here, but again, it doesn't matter.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
You can also check with a tech if there's one nearby - I have gobs of them laying around and would be happy to give you one for free. :D

PunkyMonkey

You can also check with a tech if there's one nearby - I have gobs of them laying around and would be happy to give you one for free. :D

I looked at the tech list and there are 0 in the Tampa Bay Area and as soon as I can organize my life to be occupied for a few days straight I will be getting my certification because we need one around here!

But thanks :) I will call Britax, see what they say and if not I'll buy one from BRU or something. Looks like they are only $3

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Just a note (for you and everyone else reading this), unless things have changed, Britax does not allow locking clips to be used with seats with lockoffs.

What about on their seats with BROKEN lockoffs? I had someone call me last week about this very thing. Their lockoffs were broken off by a 'tech' (I don't know if it truly was a tech or not) who tried to get both closed at once and ended up breaking both. Britax did say they'd replace, but it was going to take a few days. In the end she agreed to reinstall with LATCH outboard for the time being, but I'm curious if LATCH hadn't been available to her if a locking clip would be ok'd by Britax then.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
What about on their seats with BROKEN lockoffs? I had someone call me last week about this very thing. Their lockoffs were broken off by a 'tech' (I don't know if it truly was a tech or not) who tried to get both closed at once and ended up breaking both. Britax did say they'd replace, but it was going to take a few days. In the end she agreed to reinstall with LATCH outboard for the time being, but I'm curious if LATCH hadn't been available to her if a locking clip would be ok'd by Britax then.

IIRC, it's OK. They don't provide locking clips, or give instructions in the user guides, so therefore they aren't allowed from a technicality perspective. From a technical perspective, there's nothing special about a Britax that makes it incompatible with a locking clip.

We haven't sold them at BRU in forever, I'd definitely count on Britax to provide it (unless there are better baby stores around to get them from).

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
In the end she agreed to reinstall with LATCH outboard for the time being, but I'm curious if LATCH hadn't been available to her if a locking clip would be ok'd by Britax then.

If the car had LATCH it has locking seat belts and Britax seats rarely tip with a locking retractor.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC