Coccoro installation questions

oakster

We've had our Combi Coccoro for a couple of weeks now and generally are loving it, but I've encountered a couple of questions with the installation. Hoping someone can help!

- In our car, it's installed RFing in the center with the shoulder belt using the European routing through the blue clamp on the back. The install is rock solid at the belt path, but the lap portion of the belt is scrunched (for lack of a better word!) in the little notches that are labeled for the rear belt path. The manual says to be sure it's not twisted, and it's not actually twisted--just, well...scrunched. Is this safe? The alternative is to move it out of the little notches and let it lie flat across the seat, which is equally solid as far as movement, but then it pushes up the seat cover awkwardly (and, more importantly, isn't installed in keeping with the instructions).

- This seat is eventually intended for our child care provider's car, and I realized that we can't use the European routing there because it has to go outboard and the shoulder belt will make it very difficult for her to get the baby in and out. So I started playing with installing it in our car with the shoulder belt flat against the seat, which the manual lists as an acceptable alternate installation. I can't seem to get it tight, though. I think it's moving less than an inch so technically I guess it's fine, but it's nowhere near as tight as when I pull the belt around the back. Is there a trick to this, or is that just par for the course for this installation method? Maybe I'll have better luck in her car, but would be more comfortable getting this to work in our car first. No LATCH available.

Thanks!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Scrunched is fine.

You might be surprised with Euro routing outboard. That's how I've always had it--in several different cars--and the shoulder belt has never been a problem for me.

Were you using the removable lockoff or locking the seatbelt itself? Either way is fine, so you might want to experiment with that too.

oakster

Thanks! I have only tried it locking the seatbelt itself, so I will give it a try with the locking clip. I can also see how it goes trying it outboard in the other car with the Euro routing---we briefly had it in our car that way and found it challenging to get the baby in and out from the door side. However, we only had it there for two rides so maybe it would have gotten easier with practice!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC